Badin Catches? Jan 28th

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kcforejc, Jan 28, 2006.

1. kcforejc

kcforejc New Member

State:
    NC
    Went to Badin today for only the second time, and had no luck. Equals no fish. Was wondering how others did?

Also, anyone have input into genral weather conditions and how they affect the catfish bites?

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went this morning. we caught 7-8 channel cats. no blues but that seems to be badin at times. i marked fish but they just would not bite. maybe they feed real heavy yesterday because of the rain coming i dont really know.

3. Mpayne

Mpayne New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was out on the lake yesterday too. Only a few bites no fish either. It's the
    1st time I have ever seen one of the flood gates open. I have seen heavy water releases throught the tubines, but not like it was yesterday. I think a lot of bait and small fish had been killed by this and the fish were well feed. The water up river in the lake was really muddy so I went all the way down to the the Falls River dam and the water quality was not any better. Anyway it was a nice day on the water once the sun came out and warmed up everything. There was ice on the boat ramp a getting the truck up it after lanching the foat was interesting. Hopefully next weekend will be better..........

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Ice on the ramp?? Good grief. Concrete or gravel ramp? " I couldn't fish today cause my truck got stuck on the ramp". HE HE Kiddin ya. I'll have to remember that one in case I get skunked in cold weather.

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    The Old whitney ramp at Badin does freeze up. There's simple solution though. I always carry a bag of sand in my truck and salt to melt it if it's gets too bad. One thing I like about Lake Tillery the ramp at 24/27 bridge never freezes up because it's facing the sun.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I fished Badin Sat. too. We only caught one channel cat about 1.5 lbs. Tried all over up river, but no takers. Marked some fish, but couldn't get 'em to hit. Oh well, thinking about trying it next weekend. Either Badin or Tillery. Leaning towards Tillery since Badin screwed me again. Can't win every time though. later!!

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I heard that the water level on Tillery was going to be lowered next weekend. I don't know how much or exactly when. Better keep a check on it .

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well it dont look like anybody had much luck on badin saturday but i cant wait to get back down there. i tell if you seen the fish tomahawk caught last week it would take more than one bad day to change this old boys mined.

9. mhedrick

mhedrick Member

State:
    NC
    The big fish didn't bite at Tillery Saturday either. We caught a lot of small cats but none were over 9 lbs. I guess when they don't want to bite, nobody's biting.