Badin Carp

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mycat, Feb 28, 2009.

1. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Going to try a little bowfishing this spring. Would appreciate any input on flats or areas you have seen them spawnwing in the past. Water temp. is coming up , it won`t be long now.:wink:

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    If your looking for badin carp the spring is pretty good. I do alot of catfishing up river and theres tones of carp up there, too many. Look around the marsh islands up river by the dam. At night they go pretty shallow. I can hear them splashing in 2' of water. if you were using a red light or something you might be able to sneek up on them.

3. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Thanks Tomahawk; If I remember right that is a pretty good size flat behind the island.Good luck this spring.:0a31:

4. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you want to get carp, Tuckertown is the place to be.

5. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Thanks Baiter: We will be trying Tuckertown. Good luck:0a31:

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I'd agree that Tuckertown is absolutely loaded with them. Especially if you're going for them with a bow. I've seen them by the thousands in there in the spring up in the shallow coves.

7. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Thanks Flattie; We will be checking themout:0a31:

8. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you don't mind traveling to the river above High Rock there are alot of mud flats right where the river dumps into the lake, but be careful the water can go from 15ft to 6in in a couple feet in some places. I would recommend going during the daytime and checking it out before venturing out at night if you have never been there.

9. mycat

mycat New Member

State:
    winston sa
    Thanks DC. I have put in at York a couple times,but only been down river as far as the power plant. Have not taken the river break to the left. Both times the water was up to the parking lot & fishing was zero. Looked up those flats on Google Earth & they looked good. We will be checking them out.:0a31: