Badin Bait

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jpw, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Where is most of the bait on Badin? I have been fishing Tillery and Norman the last few weeks and would like a heads up on where most everyone is finding good size bait on Badin. Tillery has a ton of bait. Thanks for the heads up in advance.

2. fisherhead

fisherhead Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Try back in garr creek or in Fred's. Herring can be gotten up by the buoy by the dam...be careful though for boulders up there. I am headed to tillery friday night....where is all this bait?

3. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The were small bait balls on the other side of the bridge at the Swift Island ramp. Then there were tons of bait out in the main lake channel above the bridge. We saw bait everywhere. Most of the schools we saw on the main lake were smaller size.
    Where is Freds on Badin? I have gotten some larger baits there at the buoy up river. That's good to know they are there. Thanks for the info.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Fred's is the creek between Garr Creek and the trestle. I would go to the dam and get bait there. Let your net SINK and you'll be fine. Bait's on the bottom up there.... or the good stuff is anyway.

5. jpw

jpw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info..I never knew that was a creek there called Freds..lol

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    hey guys yall know the gathering is this weekend at arrowhead campground at badin rite ,yall need to come over an visit check out the nc gathering thread