Badin, 8-28-06

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Aug 28, 2006.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Me and jfwillia fished badin this morning. We caught 8 channels, 3 blues, and 4 white cats. No big fish but still enough action to keep it interesting. Caught all of the fish on slip cork rigs set at 15 ft. Tried the bottom rigs some too , got a few light hits but nothing serious. Bait was easy to get around the railroad bridge.

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds like a very enjoyable trip. Glad to hear bait was easier to get.

Thanks for the report!

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad ya had an enjoyable time!------------pk powell:big_smile:

4. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    It does sound like an enjoyable trip, unless you were me. Jeff was rude, hogged all the rods, put me down, and even cussed me once.

Just kidding, we had a fun morning and I can't wait to go again. I've learned a lot from CMJ, and it's always nice to go with him.

Appreciate ya, Jeff

John

5. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey JfWilla it sounds you had it made, compared to when I went fishing with him. I had to throw the castnet to get all the bait. He did hog all the rods, and cursed all people driving by us for no reason. To top things off he almost dropped a $450.00 outfit on mine in the water.

6. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Yeah, but you made me watch you catch the biggest fish tomahawk, What's the deal with that?.................:lol:

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    john he did me the same way at santee a two weeks ago......lol. hes like a big dog setting on point when he gets to the water. im glad someone said something about it because i thought he was just doing it to me.:smile2: tomahawk thats the reason i had him bring two of his rods with him when we went......lol. okay ill let it go jeff. glad you fellows caught some fish.

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Jeff, I was thinking that you had quite a bit of fishing prowess and that I might like to fish with you sometime. Now I have been alerted to your true nature by Tomahawk and Catfishrus. Hog everything do ya, especially the HOG catfish? :big_smile: Just kidding, Jeff, glad you and our BOC brother John had a good time. Nice catch gentlemen!

9. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Actually Tomahawk, I joined in on cussing everyone that drove by us - it seemed like too much fun to pass it up. He even threw the castnet most of the time. And cut the bait. And let me hog the rods. And put up with me cussing him for no good reason. Now that I think about it, I must be the a**hole. Oh well, still got to fishing. :cool2:

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    no no no john we had jeff and now you going to start backtracking like i a beagle. well here comes the pack im sorry jeff. im kidding guys. jeff is a real good catfisherman. i watched him at santee and if that rod just bounce a slight bit jeff was on it. i missed alot of fish one night and i dont think jeff missed the first one. only fisherman i ever seen catch a 35lb blue in the hind end. he gets my respect. i just cannot pass up the chance to pick on him.

11. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, keep it coming, that's what makes it fun, almost as fun as catching a 46 pounder with Michael watching................:big_smile:

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey i let everyone use my late grandfathers rod once!!!!! your done.....lol.

13. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I hate to beat a man with his own rod anyway................:big_smile: On the serious side that was the best santee trip I have been on , including with guides.

14. jfwillia1998

jfwillia1998 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Michael,

You shouldn't ease up either...I can't begin to tell you all the stuff Jeff has said about you. But if the story about the goat is true, you are one sick puppy. Just kidding. I like that everyone is up for some ribbing on here.