Badin, 8/26

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Rookie12, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    fished from 5 am until 1130 am. caught 11 channels and 3 blues. biggest blue was 32 pounds. All on cut shad. fish suspended 10-20 ft. down over 30-45 ft. of water. good day. later!

2. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    sounds like the fish are biting to me.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sounds like you had a really good trip, congrats

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice catching!

Were you fishing the Old Whitney area and were they pulling water?

If my other half doesn't have to work tomorrow we were going to head down that way and give it a try.

5. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Good going, hopefully as of tonite I can post some good news

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I was fishing down from Old Whitney in the main channel. There are a lot of fish and bait in that area. I caught all mine on slip floats. i was dragging around 3 slip floats around any schools of shad that I was marking. I had 2 set at 20 ft., 1 @ 10 ft. and 1 @12 ft. The big blues came off the 2 shallow floats. Also missed 2 other good fish. One I set the hook on and had the drag licked down and he took off right away and snapped my 25# main line. it about yanked the rod out of my hand. The other one spit the hook just as I was getting him beside the boat. The little glimpse I got of him, he looked about 25-30 lb. fish. I went yesterday and saw all these fish and couldn't get 'em to bite. I guess they were hungry this morning. might be going back out later with Tomahawk. later!

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Thats great news, Chris. Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing. :0a31:

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Great catch Chris! Always glad to see another NC brother hauling 'em in. Did you go back out with Tomahawk yesterday? If so, let us know how you guys fared. Thanks for the report!

9. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Wow, sounds like a great day! Did you happen to smell any of that skunk I left down there last week! LOL

10. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How are you catching the shad for bait. Are you using a line or a cast net?