Badin 6/21

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Freshbait, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Freshbait

Freshbait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hit the water around 9 ish with kvillcat. Had a great time, caught quite a few, but no keepers. Enjoyed the peace and quiet..stars were out, can't wait to return as soon as possible!

Christy

2. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Never seen the water moving like it was Sat night. They were pushing out some mean water out of the dam:angry:. We did get 1 small channel and numerous small crappie and white bass as well as 2 tiny strippers. Oh well maybe next time.

John

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I was just wondering where you guys that almost got hit by the boat about 0300. That boat was carrying 5 idiolt juggers on board. I tried staying as far away as I could from them. They didn't stay up river long.

4. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    No we got off about 230am. I did see all the jugs

5. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    I don't have a problem with jugs. Heck I even do it if I am planning a fish fry for the guys that work for me. I have a problem with the people who are not responsable to clean up all there jugs when they are or mark them so they can be seen by other boaters and avoided.

John

6. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    By any chance did any of you go to Alcoa Friday night between 11:00 and 3:30 EST? I ended up down there following an unexpected exodus to Uwharrie. Nearly passed out in the heat which seemed to be 100 degrees but the curse has finally been broken!! Actually caught my first blue catfish using , of all things , livers!! The fish is about 15" long and currently resides in my mother's freezer as a gift. Got several bites at Alcoa that night but missed them fooling around with a jig. Needless to say I am returning to Uwharrie this weekend in the hopes of repeating history with even bigger blues!!:smile2:

7. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Another thing I wanted to ask was do any of you catch cats with small white worms beneath the chin in and around the lower gills? If so , are these parasitic organisms dangerous from a consumption standpoint?
    Consuming the fish I should say.:confused2: They become prevalent post mortem attempting to leave the dead host.

8. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I havnt seen that myself. not sure what that was

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have also seen them of late. To my knowledge they do not affect the meat because they are on the outside.