Badin 6/13

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by kvillcat, Jun 14, 2009.

1. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Went out with my son and Freshbait. Loaded up with bait in Gar Creek and headed to the dam. Slow night. Fished from 8pm till 0100. Caugtht 3 blues the largest 6.5lb and a small channel and a bullhead. At around 1130 we moved to just past the bridge at the danger markers...NOTHING:confused2:. Moved over by the Island just past the markers ...Nothing. Called it a night at 0100. Overall a fun night. And I almost forgot ...Freshbait did hang a nice one but snapped the line:sad2:.

John

2. carolinamudcat

carolinamudcat New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    sometimes that's just the way it is. I'm sure you read that quadrunner and I both had slow nights on friday. Must be something weird going on with the fish this weekend

3. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    probally starting to come out of spwaning or something they deff changed something we went from killing them to breaking our backs to catch a few lil ones. within a time frame of 2 weeks

4. katsandsuds

katsandsuds New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Keep at it guys, they seem to be on the move towards their summer locations, just have to find them again.

Any one know where there are mussel beds on Badin? I would like to find a couple, but not sure how to locate them. Typically I see some in the shallows or pull them up on my anchor, but I have never done that at Badin.

5. quadrunner42029

quadrunner42029 Member

State:
    NC
    idk but if u find them u will find the blues every blue cat ive ever cleaned out of badin was full of mussels i mean full you can poke there bellys alot of times and fill them in their stomachs. if u find one itd be nice of u too share your lil secret lol