Badin, 2-22

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CMJ, Feb 22, 2007.

1. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Man, what a rough day on the water. It was fine until about 9:00 am and then the wind set in. There was plenty of bait in garr creek. The water temp was right at 45. Didn't see any current. Me and John ended up with 6 whites 2 channels and 1 blue. We fished several spots marked some good fish but had a hard time staying on them in that wind. Some of the roughest water I've ever been on outside of santee cooper....:crazy:

2. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Thanks for the info. Jeff. I hope to hit Badin again here real soon. I figured bait would be in Garr Creek this time of year. How far back in there were they and did ya'll try fishing in there. see ya

3. CMJ

CMJ Guest

We caught the bait right around the badin shores boat docks but it was everywhere in there. We did fish there for a while to start with, marked some decent fish but no takers, they were probably gorged out with all that bait in there.......:lol:

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I've fished in there before too, but all I've got is some nice channels. If there is bait in there, then you always mark big fish right as you are going into the creek, but I've never caught anything. I know Tomahawk said someone caught a 75 lb. blue out of there last year. see ya