Bad weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by ILChannelMan, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello everyone! Thanks for letting me in to your brotherhood. I've been fishing since I was 7, but this year I started going at it hard. Caught some decent (5-10 lb.) Channels on the Vermillion River. I live 3 miles from where it starts, so it doesn't take long to get there.

This weekend, I went with my family to a resort on the Fox Rvier in Norway, IL. They had been told that "The fishing is great, you catch something everyday" So while everyone else was horseback riding, shooting pool, etc., I was fishing the stocked 7-acre pond. After a day there, I tried the fox river with no luck. So, i tried the pond the next day, and had no luck. Altogether, I fished there for 19+ hours, and the only thing caught was a 3" bluegill by my little sister. I tried cutbait(from the one bluegill), minnows, and crawlers. Anyone been here and had luck? I would appreciate any tips as we are going there again soon. They say it has channels, bass, crappie, bluegill, and drum perch.

Going to Clinton thursday, I think, wish me luck!

2. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Welcome to the BOC!! Good to have new BROTHERS!!!! SORRY i cant help you i live in ALABAMA!!!! BUT GOOD LUCK TO YA

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    welcome to the BOC brother, keep at it they will come if they are there.

4. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm gonna keep at it, just maybe not there. The time I put in, it got discouraging, because by the end of it, I just wanted t o geta damn bute, ya know?

5. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC Ben! Youre a little too far north for me to help you out, Im about an hour south of Springfield. I wish you luck though, good to have you here brother.

6. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i have fished that area before . its been a while now but we had to use a boat to get any bites on the pond. we also used shrimp and doughball from the bank and had hits. i think they feed them often and thats why ur not gettin anything to bite cuz they are fed to the gills.

7. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    You might chat with the folks who stocked the pond and the people who gave the report.

As an aside, you might also survey the pond for places with structure (downed trees and the like) where fish could hide.

-- Rich

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Ben.