Bad Trip(literally)

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by CatMan(Cali), Jun 30, 2009.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Saturday me and Fred took my son out for a night of fishing at the Mendota Slough. We had been BBQn and put the grill off to the side away from where we were hangin at. About an hour later(7:45pm) my son tripped backwards and kept on stumbling back and back and back and then tripped over the bbq pit.:sad2: He burnt most of the skin off the back of his right calf and half of the left.:sad2: I knew the main thing was not to panic. The first thing he was saying was "daddy am I going to be ok?" I told him "yes, son you will be ok. It's gonna hurt, but you will be ok". He said "ok daddy". I kept ice on his legs until we arrived at Fresno Community to the emergency. They did a really good job at the hospital and the burn unit was excellent. My son, believe it or not, didn't even cry until they raked the rest of the dead skin off his legs. That was hard to watch my lil man go through that kind of pain. We just went back to the doctor yesterday and they changed his bandages and redressed the wounds. He's handling it like a champ and for that I am proud. I almost feel like he's my role model. Hopefully not:cross:, but there is a possibility that he could have to have a skin graph surgery where they take skin from another part of the body and it apply it to the burnt area. They were 2nd degree burns so they said he should make a full recovery.:cross: He was the only one getting bites too. He's gettin the castin down now. He was out there castin and reelin in my Mako saltwater rod:wink:, not an easy task, but he was workin it. I thank the Lord that it wasn't worse than what it was because when it happened it looked like it could have been a lot worse.

Bulldog,
    Sorry man, I left that football grill out there. That was the one my son tripped over. I was in "get to the emergency room" mode and the hot grill and a few other things didn't make it back. Sorry, I will see if I can find another one around somewhere.

Sean!

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sorry to hear about that. Good thing that it was not worse. Glad everything is going to turn out fine.

3. mangles

mangles New Member

State:
    california
    Man that is heartwrenching. My thoughts go out with you, sure everything is going to be ok, you and you little guy will be fishing again in no time.

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Wow that's horrible. I'll say some prayers for him and the recovery process. No worries, he'll be out there out-fishin ya again in no time! :smile2:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man' I'm glad he is ok. This kind of stuff sends shivers up my spine. Now matter how careful we try to be around our young ones, bad things can still happen. Don't be hard on your self. Your son sounds like a pretty tough young lad. I would be darn proud of him too!:wink:

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sean... So sorry to hear about that.... is this the wrestling boy of yours?

I know what it feels like to have a BBQ grill on ya... I stepped on one years back... thank god for the ice chest...

Prayers out there for your son....

Bayrunner Ray

7. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Yeah, he's the wrestler. He's worried about not going to practice, but I told him to worry about getting better so he can get back to practice. He'll be out about a month I assume. Just depends on how fast his lil body reproduces skin. I thought I would be posting about my son catching a fish, not going to the emergency room.:sad2: We'll get em next time.:wink:

8. dhines

dhines New Member

State:
    LA / Calexico
    dude i totally feel for you. i remember when my daughter broke her arm in 2 places while fooling around on the monkey bars. needless to say i made the trip from my work to her school in about 8 - 10 minutes (14 miles in LA, mostly freeway). the ambulance driver gave me a dirty look when someone mentioned how fast i must have been going . . .

but back on the subject, i remember what a trooper my daugther was. she was so tough that it made me proud. just thank god that he is ok and nothing more serious happened.

kids are much tougher than we give them credit for.

9. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Bum deal man! Now I know why I didnt get a call back with a report.
    Glad its not too serious . Id be bawlin my eyes out the whole time , what a trooper.

stankbait

10. KnotGillty

KnotGillty New Member

State:
    Northern Califo
    My thoughts are with you both.

I have two young kids and know how hard it is to see them be strong during difficult periods.

Sounds like you've raised him right so far. Keep up the good work and make sure you post a picture the next time he catches a fish:roll_eyes:.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Anyone living at the pipe? Good to hear your son is ok:wink:

12. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Sean, that is truly a sad story. I'm sorry to hear that it happened. Tell your boy that many people are all thinking about him and wishing him a speedy recovery.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Big Sean,
    Sorry to hear that about the little guy :sad2:, my prayers are with the "Little Champ" :cross:
    I hope that everything is good with him :0a32:- I'm going to try and give you a call sometime this evening Buddy.
    :wink:

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Sean sorry to here about your little guy, I'll say a prayer for him .

15. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    You guys are too cool.:cool2: I really appreciate all your thoughts, prayers, and concerns. I'm going to let him see this and show him all the people that are thinking about him.
    It's funny because he loves football so much he thought that football grill was the coolest thing. On the way to the hospital he asked me "Dad you got the football BBQ right?" I said no, we didn't have time we had to go. And he said "Ahhh Man!" And he also said sorry for messing up the fishing trip. I wanted to cry because all the pain he felt and everything he was going through he was thinking about me. All I could say was not to worry about that stuff it can be replaced and we can go fishing anytime. What a guy, wouldn't trade him for nothin!

Oh, yeah no squatters.

16. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    hope all goes good Sean

17. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I can't read everyone's comments I am pretty busy, but know this. Your son will remember a few things. Good things, Great things! He will remember that fear in your eyes when it happened. He will remember how you were there for him. Those things will always be there. He will have more love and confidence for and in you. Skin grafts are nothing these days kinda like getting a tatoo. Put it in Gods hands and just try to have fun with your boy.

P.S. I just read the last comment you made Catman, and I wanted to tell you about once when my oldest busted her head open on the edge of the brick fireplace (playing with me). When it was all done ( holding her down during stitches after a 3 hour wait in the emergency room wait) we were driving home and my daughter said reeeaall loud. "Thanks for taking me to get my head fixed!" lol it was hilarious.

18. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    LOL Thanks Jag. I'm sure that is an experience that both of us will never forget. We go to the doctor today and I will find out if he is going to need the skin graft procedure. They have to change his bangages and redress the wounds. It's sucks because I know it's going to hurt when they take em off. I can't wait for things to heal up so he can get back to normal.

19. full moon

full moon Guest

Hi Sean-

I an sad to learn of your son's burns. I hope he's doing better. You are in our prayers. Gimme a call soon when you feel up to it.

Anthony

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Big Sean - I was wounding how is are "Little Champ :0010:" doing? Whan the latest on that - Fill us all it on his well being & when we he get to go to "Football Camp"?
    :wink: