Bad To The Bone

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by BigMike42420, Feb 15, 2008.

1. BigMike42420

BigMike42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson Kentucky
    Ive always been a Muzzy fixed blade man! Id always heard such bad things about expandables from my buddys who tried them. They say those new RAGE broadheads are the stuff. They say that the flight is amazing and the holes are too! If yall have tried them give me a run down! :roll_eyes:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I just made the switch to the rage 2 blades. I like the physics behind rage vs other mechanical broadheads. I like muzzy dont get me wrong but I dont like having to resight my pins when I use fixed blades. I cant wait till next fall to try them out unless I stop by a farm here thats part of the red tag program and do some damage control.

3. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    I have shot muzzy's for a while now . The local bow shop gives me stuff to try . He will tell me take this and break it and tell me what you think .
    I have shot all of the expandables and the only one that I would consider changing for is the Grim Reaper. I shot a doe with the Rage , before they were even on the market and the thing didnt open the only reason that I found the deer was because she was heart shot . The blood trail looked like you had pricked the end of your finger with a needle . i went to get my arrow and could see her laying there and then backed out . I shot a doe with a MUZZY @45 yds between the EYES . I had a Complete pass through and now have a great mount for my coffee table (which my wife hates by the way)
    I am a firm fixed blade man , but you know what they say about opinions .
    As far as tuning goes I have never had to re-do my bow set up with MUZZY'S

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    A few members in our archery club use Rage broadheads. The results were awesome. Massive blood trails and quick recovery. I have never tried Rage broadheads. The best broadhead I have tried is the Shuttle T-Lock. This compact broadhead gives me the best accuracy in a broadhead I have ever used. Last fall I killed a black bear and 3 deer with these broadheads, the results were impressive to say the least. For turkey hunting I like using the Nap Shockwave expandables. I can shoot these through my netting in my Double Bull blind with no loss of accuracy.:wink:

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i use the muzzy 3 blade 125 grain broadheads. i have never seen a reason to try anything else, for me at least. got a whitetail @ 40 yards through the heart and lung, quartering towards me. the wound looked like a bullet hole, and totally passed through. my bow shoots the fixed blades right where it shoots field points. the muzzys and blazer vanes have been a winning combination for me so far!

6. bigfatcat

bigfatcat New Member

State:
    virginia
    I got my bow in the spring and my first time hunting with it was in october and i tried the muzzy 3 blades and they fly the same as my feildpoints and put one heck of a hole in a deer, but then i was looking at the rage and figured why change something that works perfectly, but my dad was using nap thunnder heads and when he saw my 7 point i got with my bow and the hole the arrow went through he went out and picked up a pack of three blades.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    there bad to the bone

8. BigMike42420

BigMike42420 New Member

State:
    Henderson Kentucky
    Dont get me wrong guys, I love the muzzys and they work. I harvested 3 deer this year with the same broadhead. I did resharpen them of course, but the broadhead was straight and never failed!! As a bowhunter I often try to find something that is even better! Thanks for the imput, I was just curious!!1:big_smile:

9. smokeeater3302

smokeeater3302 New Member

State:
    il
    BAD THROUGH THE BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Rage are the best I've shot in my opinion. I shot three deer with them this year. Out of those deer, two were pass-throughs(including one completely through the shoulder), while the other was a spine shot that dropped the buck in its tracks. I shoot the three-blade ones, which are 1 1/2 inch cut but some people do prefer the two-blade, which are a 2 inch cut. I can't say anything bad about them.