Bad Thing happen to me today.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cherokee, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    I rod and reel combo me and my sister bought for my dad before he past away got jerk in the river today. Talk about a heart breaker :embarassed: :angry::cry::cry:

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    sorry to hear the bad news bro. my dads dads golf clubs that he gave him the christmas before he died got stolen a few years ago. some punk broke into his truck bed cover and stole the golf clubs and a chainsaw. those are the people id like to meet face to face with one day.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Herbert,

I'm sorry to hear that, but I sure hope that's a sign there is fishin' in Heaven, and your Dad needed his own equipment!

God bless,
    Cheryl

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dang Herb that is a bad run of luck ,sorry to hear that maybe you'll catch it back, I did once,lost a rod then hooked a fish later and the line was tangled i kept pullin line and there was the rod i lost earlier.

5. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Sorry to hear about that herb. I have snagged some of my poles that got jerked in the water. They usually don't go very far from where they went in.

6. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Herb:

Sorry to hear it bud. These things are sent to try us.

Cheryl:

That's a positive way to look at it.

Jay:

You have my sympathies bud, in my book:

Theft = rape...... Burglary = MULTIPLE rape!!

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He had a rather expensive gun stolen from him in the airport. We were flying back out to California where we use to reside,and when we landed he discovered his gun was gone.Well approximately 10 years later,he just happened to be reading the local newspaper and seen it for sale in the local sale ads.He just new it was his gun cause he always kept the serial numbers.He got the the phone number and called to see if he could see it,well he got too to see it,and sure enough the serial numbers matched.Well he played real dumb,and just looked things over.Said he needed to talk to me first and then came home.Told me it was definitely his gun,and called the law.Well needless to say he got it back after about a 2-3 week investigation.So maybe if you had any kinda way to positively ID those Golf clubs you can eventually get them back.I'm very sorry you have suffered this.I can't abide a thief period.I know my husband was very angry over what happened to him.:angry:I'm most happy for him that justice was finally served!!:big_smile::wink:

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sorry to hear that:sad2:

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Herb and Jay, I'm sorry to hear of your losses. We sentimentally hang onto items from people that have touched our lives, and I am one of those sentimental types as well. It is truly heartbreaking when we lose, break, or wear out these items. Just remember as much as it hurts, these are items and they eventually will disappear from us, one thing that we can never lose tho is the love and memories made with that person and the effects they had on our lives. They will forever be in our hearts and thoughts reguardless of how long we have the momentos to remind us daily. Just keep in mind you may be one item poorer, but you are very much memory rich.:wink:

10. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I don't want to sound like the bad guy here.... but keep an open mind please...

Sometimes... it is for good reason why those things that we cherished for sentimental reasons are taken away. Wounds heal better when left alone and not picked at.