Bad scales

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Aug 9, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well just got around to checking my old scales that i caught that blue in my avatar ,with weight i put on the bathroom scales(dont know how good they are) but they where 14 lbs under so i guess it was bigger

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I did put a 25 lb calibrated weight on my scale and it was accurate up to that point. I'd still like to verify the accuracy throughout the range. My avatar 56 lb'er seemed a little bigger to me but what do I know. Never caught one that big before. LOL:smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    What brand of scales are you guys using?

4. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I had to use my 100lb Cabelas Spring scale on this one because it was too big for my 50 lb digital scale.

I knew I should have bought that Coffey Marketing scale back when I was looking at them.:angry:

The only other thing......... when I picked the scale up later the 'marker' was exactly on 66 lbs., not 56 lbs. Surely I didn't read it wrong in my excitement. Naw, prob. not, I am just torturing myself.

See what you started Robert.:eek:oooh:

5. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Scales or no scales still one heck of nice fish!!!:smile2:

6. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    That's right Robet and Darryl, those pictures speak louder then words and in this case louder then any scale.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Dang Robert, that would have made it 76# pounds. Sounds more realistic, sure looks like it in the pic. any way. The east side boys dont want to hear that though LOL.:crazy:
    Bring your scale next time your down and we can check it with mine to see. I have a couple, 1 only goes to 50 and the other to 110. Ive checked them against each other up to 50 and there within 1 pound of each other so I think there pretty accurate.

8. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    I have to agree with Troy.

Also I'd like to be there with you guys. I have a 220 Coffee Scale that I would like to get checked out and compared to other scales.

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well dosnt matter was still a good fish ,besides i will be changing my avatar anyhow when i break the 100lb mark

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Won't we all Robert, Won't we all........:smile2:

11. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    That sound better to b me, I told you at the Mo. gathering that I thought that was a biger fish than that!!