Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started off a lil late and we got stuck in the middle of a hughe rock bar almost to where we wanted to start off and couldnt go any farther up stream so we we back down . started fishing and got some hits but no takers got to 2nd spot and finally jay got one in the boat about a 5lb sturgen. we released it and went to spot 3 about 5 mins there and went to light the new gas grill and oooops forgot the lighter. so no food this trip then jay gets a hugh hit and sets the hook and starts reelin in wham about a 10lb soft shell turtle then we said shucks with it and headed home

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andy we were fishing around paragon we usually do pretty well down there dont know what happened ?? it just wasnt in the stars for us that night but they can only get better. bear you gonna fish the tourny this weekend???

·
Registered
906 Posts
brian, how skinny is the water there at the paragon ramp, that is one ramp that i have not launched from yet, i go over it every time i go to monroe and wonder how shallow that stretch is, i have an 18' modified v bow, prop driven, no jet. 16'' of water and i'm good, any shallower than that??
thanks for any input.
andy.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
andy we were fishing around paragon we usually do pretty well down there dont know what happened ?? it just wasnt in the stars for us that night but they can only get better. bear you gonna fish the tourny this weekend???
Negative on the tourney. It's not an "open" tourney therefore ya gotta join the ICA (not gonna happen) and pay full price entry fees. Plus they postponed the tourney due to river conditions on the Wabash. I think I'll go tear some flatheads up on T/C.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
andy it,s at 3 ft deep now from the bridge almost up to martinsville. but after you pass the power lines giant rock bar only ankle deep all thru there side to side for about 400ft. south of the bridge i dont know we didnt go that way. barry i hear ya brother. hope you had fun on your vaction

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
your welcome andy any time now henderson ford is a different story all together . and south of paragon i know last time we fished it you could go about 3 mi south til it got really shallow.

·
Registered
906 Posts
henderon ford!!! lmao... i learned my lesson the hard way about ten years ago with henderson, made it downstream to the island.
got to the island, decided to beach it so i could walk and see which side to take, while beaching it the current drug me down into the riffles, about 10 to 12'' deep, had me concerned about getting back up, talk about a roostertail of gravel.
give me a shout sometime when your hitting paragon, i'l see about coming down to join ya.
andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.