Bad news

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CATFISHPAT, Apr 20, 2007.

1. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Iv got a Problem!! On the 4th I pat searched an inmate and got stuck in
    my hand with a sawing needle that was in his pocket,So I had to go get
    blood test and 3 days later the doctor calls me at work on the phone
    and tells me that I tested positive for Hepatitis C,But he tells me It
    did not happen at work"State Doctor"I told him that I have Lbs done
    every 3 months and my last labs in Feb 07 wher all NORMAL my liver
    emzimes wher Perfict,Okay so I call my lawer and tell him and he said
    go to my Doc and get Re-tested so I did and they gave me an apt for 4-
    23-07 then 2 days ago my Inc pervider calls me and says that this
    happend at work so they will not cover me #$#$^%^%#^#% ..Im waiting for
    my Lawer to call me back in the morning.Everyone is busy covering there
    own butt's and Im the one that got the Hep C.I still dont know if I can
    keep my job as a Prison Guard with this crap I dont wont my fellow
    Officers or inmates to get Exsposed to this crud.WHAT A MESS!!!!!! Dose
    anyone have a clue what to do?????????? ????????? ?????

__._,_.___

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Yes. Find out what your "count" is and the Doctor can give you your approximate date of infection. That will give you an idea of when and where it happened.
    PM me for my e-mail if you need to
    My name is Jeff but my friends call me Jay.
    I hope that this will help your delima a little bit.
    Sorry for the bad news. I wrote you in another post too.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    If it did happen at work, then it is a workman's compensation claim, so your health insurance carrier would be correct in denying it. That is why companies have workman's comp. insurance, to cover situations as this. And believe me they pay a small fortune for this insurance.

For more information, and my personal opinions, you may PM me.

Hope this helps.

Good luck and keep the faith, according to some people, it can be treated and go into submission. As far as having it at work, they should be up to date on air-borne pathogens, especially being a prison. Legally they can't let you go for that, but can find other reasons. (Some companies run scared from it, but there are more people that any of us realize that have this, because people don't advertise they have it. There are certain procedures to follow in ALL cases of blood in the work place, as a preventative measure and all companies should apply them, because people do keep it private, sometimes, if they have it. )

Best of luck, and prayers,
    Cheryl

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Brother all I can do right now is give you some one to vent to if you want. PM me and I will send you a phone number to my cell and you can yell and scream at me. This will not help with your problem but it may make you fell better...LOL I wish I could advise you but you have a issue that I have never faced so my advice may not be the best.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry to hear about your problem.

I can't be any help but this may be some interest to you. I wanted to let you know I have Hepatitis C antibodies in my blood and have for probably over 50 years. It was found when I was donating myself blood before heart surgery in 1991. Over the previous 35 years I had donating blood to other people many times. They just started testing all blood in the early 90's. They say some time in my life I may have had Hepatitis C. But I never knew it. So it effects people different. Hope your have no more problem with it than I have.

6. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have no advice for the situation, but it seems that everyone is covering their own *&^. However, I can tell you that prayers are sent your way. Olefin gave his story, and my dad has a similar one. He does not know when he got Hep C, but he found out he had it after me and him gave blood for the Medic Blood center, it was a shock to him, he never even knew he had it, and couldn't guess where he got it. Hopefully it will be as unnoticeable to you as it is to my dad.

7. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Have they offered or have you taken the gamma globulin shots? If not find out asap!

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks man, good luck. Prayers are sent.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Patrick Prayers is sent from So. Illinois .The only thing I can suggest is to have your lawyer contact the prison and insurance companies about this problem and get you all the help you need. You need now help not drug out help. Is the item you were stuck with been tagged and accounted for for tested evidence?

10. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thank you and God bless you all. I am so thankfull for all the Brothers and Sisters on this site Yall are Family..I talked to my Lawyer today and Iv got to fax him my last blood test.That shows everything was Normal,And he is going to get me into his Doctor next week so now I fill like Iv got someone fighting on my side now,I have used this Lawyer before when I got hurt in a riot 2 years ago His name is Craig Dawkins in Oklahoma City He and his ferm are all Christians,He is a good guy.I have turned this over to God so now Im just going to let go and let God have it:big_smile: :big_smile: You all are WONDERFUL JUST WONDERFUL...........

11. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    That is wonderful. we will keep praying that things turn out alright.

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Pat Im really sorry to here about what happened to you. I dont have a clue as to what to do but I will keep you in my prayers.

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It can not be cured. Among other problems I have hapetitis C. It is known to the VA doctors as the silent killer. Many times more die of it than even aids.

The good news. It takes 20 to 30 years for it to do it's job. I have lost 4 friends from it already. A very high percentage of service men from the late 60s through the 70s have it. If you were in service from this time testing at the nashville VA is manatory.

The hepitis C is not the killer, it attacks the liver, once the liver starts to fail the only hope is a transplant.

This is what I know as of about 1 and a half year ago. If there is updated news I am not aware. Many hide the fact that they have it. Doctor should check your blood a few times a year for signs of liver trouble.

Good Luck

Danny

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Danny,

I had a friend who had Hep C. I hadn't seen him in 25 years, and heard he had moved back in the area with his 3 children. He was always a good fellow and I looked him up one day, after all those years. His kids were 18, 14 and 10. He had moved back from SC, after the divorce he went thru and brought his kids.

I kept in touch, we talked about 'old' times and one day he was diagnosed as needing a liver, due to Hep C. Well, he served in 'Nam and the last time I spoke to him, he never knew it, as he was already in a 'waking' coma.............whatever that is.........his Mom told me later. He always told me, even years ago, that I would never attend his funeral. Well it so happened that the day he was to be buried on in the Mountain Home Cemetery, in a nearby town, my now second ex, could not even walk. I had to call 911 to come and get him, take him to the hospital and give him a shot to ease his intense pain. So, my friend of 27 years, was buried without me and I have yet to go and find his grave. I am so ashamed of that fact, but will accomplish it one day, should the Lord allow it. He knew I loved him for who he was, and that he was always a friend to me. His children were precious and loved their Father. His Mom and brothers miss him tremendously, but I have lost touch with his children. He always wanted me to stay in touch with them , but it has been 5+ years and I regret not living up to my promise to him. I suppose I could and should call his Mother and find the children, just to speak to them. We had some great times at the fair, in the country and just being together for dinners occasionally. He was one of those special Angels, in life, but somehow he knew years ago, that I would never attend his service and burial. May he rest in peace.

Hoping someday, I will be able to speak to his kids again.
    Cheryl