Bad news! - lost my traps

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by channelcat_tracker, Nov 7, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i went to check traps this morning and i counted all traps and 2 muskrats with 1 coon. well this afternoon i went to check them again and this is the problem. the waters clear and if the muskrat breaks the stick steak, it wont go more than 3 or 4 feet without drowning. and i didnt see the muskrat and i checked a radius of 20 feet including shore. well i think someone came by and swiped my traps and maybe my fur. well im disappointed someone would do that to a 14 year old boy. sickens me. now im down to less than 6 traps on the line. this is sad. so this is what im trying to say. if someone wants to trap two of their traps for 1 of my traps or if i could buy some traps with reasonable price. or if you feel generous just send me some. im not trying to sound demanding i just need traps so i can get out thier. it just saddens me that someone would do this! they werent even supposed to be on the property! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: well im going to go look for some traps around camanche now.

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Tony I smell a PETA person round about...sorry about your misfortune.

3. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I was gonna say the same thing, PETA person Hope it's not but beware......

4. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    i sure will thanks!

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sorry to say it but I'm gonna have to agree with Gary on this one. Good luck on your search for more traps.

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Sounds like it's time to set a PETA trap! :big_smile:

7. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    yea thats what i need to do. how bout spikes on em plus a drowning wire. ill put a bunny or a tree on it for bait! :lol: :lol:

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    If you can track a Channel Cat,you can track a thief.Look around.Unless he came by water,he left some sign.A Coyote will learn to rob traps too.He will usually carry it to a place to hide and eat,Bobcats,Coons,Gators and Dogs have stolen my traps along with people.Everyone looks.A successful hunter or trapper learns to see.I am just passing along some good advice given me when I was your age.Unless you find and stop the thief,you will end up like me.No traps.Some one just like you and your age just kept setting out my traps after his were gone until we both had no traps.It is a bottomless pit unless you stop it.Think about it.peewee-williams

9. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    alright then... i do have a deer camera so ill set it by one and if i catch him then ill report to the DNR! thanks pee wee!

10. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am not trying to discourage you by any means.Things such as this are a part of trapping and a part of life.It could even be the Game Warden if you are not doing everything by the book.If it is,he is being nice.He could catch you and you could be in a world of trouble.A thief of any kind should leave sign.Animals have become legends because of their ability to raid trap lines.There are also people who will steal your Bible.I have reason to believe ( my own eyes) that a state licensed trapper that was certified to remove problem animals was one of the worst thieves,trespassers and lawbreakers that we ever had in my area.Believe me.After 30+ years,he was good.He also had competition.I know of no legal way to stop such people as they are outside the law.Believe me.Peta is a bunch of amateurs beside a old trapper with a lot of experience.More traps at this time is just feed,not a answer.I wish you the best of luck.peewee-williams ps,I have been there at your age and later.Every old trapper has at one time or another.

11. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Tony, what sie and kind of traps are you wanting or needing? send me a PM if you need too. I might be able to help you out.

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    If your going to do the deer camera thing just make sure the flash is turned off. Other wise you could be missing that as well.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats terrible but like peewee posted look for sign it may not be a two legged variety although it seemslike the scum allways take whatever they can to pawn for whatever they can get but dont rule out a bobcat or cayote pulling the stake and getting a free meal either