BAD NEWS FOR SOME MEMBERS

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Mar 11, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    got a call this morning from my mother in law(member "miss tippy"). as some mite recall the Tippecanoe river below oakdale blew a lot of people out of their houses last winter. well it happened again this week and all those that rebuilt are wiped out again!

for those of you that are members over there, you have my prayers and thought in this trying time!

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Prayer from NE Okla.

3. Whiskerstalker

Whiskerstalker New Member

State:
    Hamilton County Indiana
    Prayer from Central Indiana

4. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Prayers from WV

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Sad new's indeed... Prayer's being said now.

6. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    man thats terrible news Tim... sounds like its time to head for higher ground... thoughts n prayers..

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for letting us know River Scum. Man that's got to be frustrating, depression, etc., etc., etc. Was your family one of those that had trouble?

Just a thought: Maybe we should get together a BOC community service crew & help some of our brothers & sisters over there clean-up if they want it/need it.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sad News. Prayers sent to all involved.

9. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Man, that,s awful, our thoughts, hearts, and prayers go out to all affected.

10. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Going through that once was bad enough but twice is horrorfying!!!!!!!!!!!I dont understand why the goverment bothers baling out all of these failing business that made poor decisions and squanderd away the money they have recieved. Seems like the stimilus money would be better spent taking care of our own in in these hard times. I would rather see people that have lost everything get their lives back in some kind of order than big business rebouding only so they can stick it to the little guys once again! Our prayers go out to all that was effected.

11. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    Hey Tim , I was just thinking about your family while I was watching the news and it was showing the floods on tv . prayers be with them . I'll be thinking about them and everybody else I know up there .
    vince

12. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was thinking the same thing, just saw on the news tonight they were issuing more warnings. Any idea on how this flood is stacking up against last spring? This one seems more gradual or maybe they just had more warning. It's unfortunate that NIPSCO can't be held more accountable for the flooding, but its my understanding that they are there to generate power and were never intended for flood control.

The BOC team for cleanup is a great idea, if people are really interested in doing it, and we can find somewhere that we are needed and can lend the help-- I'd be in; barring any conflicts with work. Keep us posted Tim.

13. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I guess any help we could give will have to wait a while...probably gonna' take some time for the water to go back down. Yes Tim, keep us updated on the situation over there.

The Eel River here in town is crazy high too. There are lots of homes along the river that are swamped.

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    my hats off to you guys! thanks for the thoughts, prayers and offers all.

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    nice avitar fishgeek,i remember that night. clam running your clicker who would have thought lol

16. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've been in disaster relief before & it's a hard & time comsumming to get involved. I have a name & # I can call to see if the SBC will get involved.
    If you wish I can pm his name & # to you. All volunteers will be asked to pack up what they need such as sleeping/overnight bags to sleep in large groups most likely in a Church or School. Work clothes & own insureance is required. Thanks, David.