bad luck

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ho_shi, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    Talk about a BAD day

fri nite decided to grease the bearing in boat trailer gettin ready for this next tournament. Took apart and needed replaced, NAPA closed. Got up yesterday mornin went to Napa, got bearings and reaplaced then took boat out to prefish with some ppl that came down from north Ft Worth area. Bout 1 decided to go get some tea and lunch at Chilis. Sat down and started drinkin sweet tea, BAD IDEA, i got sicker then a dog and could hardly sit upright through out the whole meal, didnt eat a bite felt so sick. Momma let me drive truck and boat home she drove car. Made it home SLOWLY at 45-55 mph, usually i do 65-70 so she knew I was sick. Got in AC and drank some ice water and started feelin better when got a call to go to work ( I on standby this week).

Came to town, got it settled and stopped by wwtp to print out some more flyers for the tournament I doin in 2 weeks. Stopped at the ONLY baitshop in town to leave some there. Some chick was broke down in the driveway so I pulled off hiway facing oncoming traffic and turned on my light bar, left truck running. Was in talkin to the owner who was tellin me bout her goin to Shreveport and winnin some money and her friend (co owner) goin to ICU at Harris Methodist in Ft Worth. Momma called and said her car broke down on side of road cpl blocks from house...

Headed that a way, noticed my truck hot, figured from over heatin in the heat wave today. Usually goes down, this time it didnt... Was cpl miles from her and never cooled down. Pulled up beside her and had steam like no other comin from engine.... Put my last 1/2 gal antifreeze in here to spit it back to me. Since 2 blocks away told her to haul azz home and park it I followed momentarily

I not sure but I think her car (front wheel drive) has the water pump out of it and my truck has a cracked radiator. Gonna get new radiator on monday from Napa and hopefully her water pump tomorrow (if that indeed what it is)....

Now to find a ride to town to get work truck incase I get a call,

ohhhhhhhhhhh talk bout luck!!!

got my truck and new radiator, (175 for it and 2 gal antifreeze) to take care to shop is 1500-2000 so got mechanic at work gonna do it hopefully this week, said it almost a 2 day job

anyone got a beer??? 2??/ 6?[​IMG]? dozen??? CASE?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ve been there and sometimes a few dozen beers seems to be the only answer. LOL !!!

3. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    got my radiator in truck today so at least she can get to and from work, I am on call and havea co truck till fri so that helps

got call in to mechanic, waiting to see how much to fix and how soon he can get done and where to deliver too soooooo we will see

that sucks to i was gonna have a decent check with few bills, finally have some money to play with!!!

4. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I've had this problem many many times ... usually associated with my wife someway. Dont forget to see the flip side. It broke when you had a ride and some money instead of leaving you stranded and without money to fix it. I have to remember the flip side often myself.

5. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    yea given your story i think u have worse luck than i do. am i a bad person because i am relived i am not the only person with horrible luck?:confused2:

6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Got my car back a couple of weeks ago after a $2100 repair bill. Believe me, I feel your pain!:confused2::eek:oooh:

7. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    AJ, I would go for the case instead of "a beer", I think ya need it brother... Hope your luck changes for the good soon...