Bad Luck

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by The Penn Slammer, Jun 23, 2009.

1. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    What bad luck I have encountered. While trying to finish one job contract here before I move I have had bad weather for weeks. Its been nice for a few days now and Im almost done. The phone rang at 4:15 with a familar voice on the other end,my customers neighbor telling me that my client was dead. I was there at 10 am delivering the last materials I needed and never dreamed this was possible.It appears the mans son killed him I so now I have wasted a month for nothing since there is nobody to pay me now. This is a tragic situation for all I reckon but at least I will be there in a few days regardless.Just disgusted and out 7,000.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Sorry to hear that, Richie - and I hope that your luck turns soon! Can you file a lien against his house or his estate? I'm sure there must be some way to try to recoup your money.

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    o man Rich thats awfull bro :sad2:

4. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    did you have a contract with him?? it would have to be settled before anything was done with his estate!! i beilive anyway. i would call a lawyer most would give a little advise without commiting to them!! sorry to here that. good luck, shane

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    ur still entitled to that money bro, u have rights. this is a very tragic situation, and our heart goes out to the family, but u still have rights as a contractor. for a seven g loss i would invest in a lawyer and try to minimize my losses. it doesnt have to be so bleak my friend. hope it works out for u.

6. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    ur still entitled to that money bro, u have rights. this is a very tragic situation, and our heart goes out to the family, but u still have rights as a contractor. for a seven g loss i would invest in a lawyer and try to minimize ur losses. it doesnt have to be so bleak my friend. hope it works out for u.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not sure how it works in WV, but here in Indian you simply slap a lean on the property and wait.

8. SCcatman

SCcatman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is a bad situation for all. Like others said just place a lein on the estate, it may be 6-8 months before you get your money back but the lein will have to be settled before probate will release the estate. good luck with it.