Bad fluid leak going on here???

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tbull, Jun 21, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here we go again, when I pulled the boat out of the water and got home, I noticed a black oily substance splattered on the side and dripping down my out board. I still am not to good with specific terminology, so I took some pictures, can anyone tell me what is going ono here. It looks like its coming from the gasket that connects the top of the engine to the bottom. You guys think this is a gasket problem here or something internal caused this. Thanks again in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Maybe you are too full on lube . That looks like a gasket leak, but that is nasty looking oil. Maybe you ought to change your lower unit oil.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Travis that looks like oil from a leaking carb or VRO tank. what motor are we looking at here and does it have the external oiling tank.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its a 94 Evinrude 112hp, and no it does not have an external oil tank I have to mix it manually. That is why this is so weird because the fluid is black????

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Also figured I would check the lower unit oil and sure enough there is an oil water mixture, please god dont let this happen.....:embarassed::sad2:

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Take the unit off and put it in water and pressure check it to see where its leaking. No biggie.