Bad day...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CatfishHateMe, Nov 18, 2006.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    well, i saw a total of 5 deer today, 3(not sure buck or doe, to far) were crossing a field and i couldnt get them to come towards me, the other me and my brother were by each other and he shot, missed(first time shooting at a deer, buck fever:tounge_out: ) he missed i shot after it ran 10 yards and stopped(i think it was drunk, it was wobbling and after getting shot at a total of 4 times stayed in the area for about 3 minutes before high tailing and getting outta there. i hit the deer, we found 2 spots of blood and thats it, i feel bad cuz after searching for 3 hours we never found it, im going out tomorro morning and im gunna look for it every chance i have until dark. the other deer was really cool, cuz it was a young doe i saw come in from a field and watched her walk around in front of me and was gunna let her go towards my brother since hes never got a deer, ive never really watched a deer like that before and i thought it was kindda cool seieng a deer when it didnt kno i was there:tounge_out: but, its just the beginning and its not over yet so well still have plenty of chances. im pretty much gunna try and trophy hunt this year cuz i havent got a big buck yet. any more opening day stories?

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Keep after em Jayson, this ole fart didn't even see a deer. It was cold & cloudy, & there wasn't nearly as much shooting going on as usual. Even the squirrels laid up quiet....all I heard was crows and the wind. I was using a climbing stand, up the tree good 15 ft. I'm hoping no more than a dozen went by me without me even knowing....
    :roll_eyes:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont give up Big guy youve at least got a shot at one i didnt even see a legal buck here so go out and be patient in your tracking tomorrow you should find that buck laid up just dont give up too soon on the blood trail

4. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    it is a sham to have to leave a deer out like that i shot 1 late to night didnt know now good i hit him so had to leave him so he would lay down bleed out an hope to go an find him in the morning

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il

where at in indiana are you? it was same weather here to, and boy was it foggy tho, i could only see about 25 yards out. and i noticed that to about the squirrles, most the time i see at least 15 when im deer huntin but i didnt see one today. im pretty pumped about tomorro monring tho, cant stay all day like today cuz i gotta go to my grandmas for an earlie thanksgiving get together at 2. im having a good feeling about tomorro, weather its me seeing my brother get his first one or my gettin my first trophy sized buck, im hopin for a good day :)

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great Story Young Man! Hope ya get your trophy!:big_smile:

7. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    You'll get the big one if you stay out there. I didn't get my first wall hanger until I was 27. My idea of the big one is still out there. If your an avid hunter, you have in your mind what you would be happy with as far as size of horns and all. Then you get him and want something bigger. Get it out of your head and just have fun. It took me a long time to do just that after thinking I was getting to greedy.

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Jayson I hunt at Underwood, just north the Clark State forrest. They said was gonna sprinkle rain today & these ole bones can't take cold an wet. So I'm thinking the sunshine tuesday. Stayed home today. Hope ya tracked it down, and if not bet, ya had a great dinner.
    :wink:

9. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    well, the guy next to the property we hunt said he shot a doe that had been shot already and it was the law that if the deer is shot by someone second and it drops, its that persons deer, which its true. but i dont pay any attention to that. if someone shot a deer its theres. if i drop it or not. 2 times now this guy has done this. o well, that was just the first weekend and i coulda had deer, im just being patient. im gunna hit it thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. most of the day probably if not all.

10. ripleyhunter

ripleyhunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    good luck! As far as never watching deer before, I have learned A LOT more over the years watching deer as opposed to shooting them. But still when the time comes and you want to shoot do it.

11. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Whoever puts the final shot in a deer, owns it. A buddy of mine shot a huge 13 pointer. The deer ran up over a railroad embankment and another hunter shot it again. Both shots were in the chest. My buddy lost the trophy of a lifetime!

12. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il

ya i kno, but i do to people what i would want them to do to me. im not complaining, at least i kno the deer didnt drop in a thicket somewhere and become coyote bait and is gunna be used for meat.