Bad day.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sds888, Aug 11, 2006.

1. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    I was diagnosed with complex partial seizures today. It is not like regular seizures but still can be very bad thing. I am also told that it is the law that I cant drive for at least 6 months. Well my job is mainly driving as I am police officer. I cant afford to go on disabilty but work said they are willing to work with me. The medicine they want to put me on may have bad side effects even possible death and if it doesnt work they have to do brain surgery. They said that this was a birth defect when I was in the womb. Well I am 28 years old why havent they figured this out before now and why can I not drive if I have been driving with it for 13 years now. Anyways I wasnt really bother by the diagnoses becuase I was just glad that they figured out what it was. They really bad part of this bad day is that I had to come to the realization that deer season is gone for me cause well I cant drive. But the worst is that I have been looking to buy a boat for about two in half years now but now that I am about three months away from buying one I have to now consider the cut back in work and medical bills now there is not going to be a boat for a while if ever. Well I believe everything is for a reason and it will all work out. Like I said work is willing to work with me so I might be behind a desk for the next six months once i can secure a ride to work. But life goes on. Sorry for my rambling
    Stephen

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    gonna pray for ya brother ...take care

3. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Stephen, don't give up on yourself or your dreams. You will be able to handle this thing. We'll all be pulling for you to make it a quick recovery.

Larry

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Stephen Hang in there man We will all be pulling for you my Friend, and you will be in ALL our Prayers. Now if you need something Just let us know and between all of us I bet we can figure something out OK! God Bless, Your Fiiend And Brother From IOWA. J.D.Straka

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Steve my prayers for ya buddy. And dont ever worry about rambling in here

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Very sorry to hear about that Stephen. I am glad to hear that your work is gonna work with you, hopefully the medication will really help you and won't have any of the side effects. I'll pray for you brother.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thoughts and prayers from Derbycity.

8. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. The Lord will watch over you and yours. In the meantime, there's a lot of good folks praying for you, including me. Keep the faith - the Lord will provide.

9. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    Thank you everyone for your prayer they sure are felt. Thank you
    Stephen

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Sorry to hear that Steven. I hpe to hear better news for you in the future. Prayers from my family to yours.

11. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    bummer news but now you know what you are dealing with. I'll put you in my prayers. Hope everything turns out for the best

12. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Stephen: I've worked with many people that had seizure disorders who have had much success with their medications. They were able to live & work (and drive) with minimal disruptions. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes several attempts before the right medication, or combination of medications, are found, so patience is often required. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I want you to know that my heart goes out to you brother,I completely understand your situation trust me I do,hang in there and always remember the Lord will provide.If you need anything let us know cause were all pullin for ya.--------------pk powell:big_smile:

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Hang in there.You are never given more than you can handle.Others handle terrible things.So can you.I learned all this the hard way.Getting knocked down is part of life.So is getting up each and every time.There are many on here that deal and have dealt with some horrible things in life.Don;t forget the people that love you.It is often worse on them.We all care and we all pray in our own way for ourselves and each other.You are never alone.peewee-williams

15. Angelcat

Angelcat New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    As you all might now my son has brain cancer and he had to go on meds for siezures and they told us the samething about the side effects and they are working out good for him, I just hope that they would work out for you also. Also I'm very very sorry that you have to go threw all this at a young age, our prayers are with you. I'm glad that you are looking at it as a blessing that they found it, because you know the Lord is looking out for you, as he is for my son. Just keep God in you thoughts and in your heart and prayers and he will take care of you :big_smile: :big_smile:

Best wishes to you, and please keep us updated and your sittuation!!!