bad day

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by kaous, Jan 23, 2010.

1. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    My first day out fishing for the new year and it was pretty bad. First i went down to the CC steamplant to see if i could get some skips. Man, there nothing being caught at all. I was down there for a hour and didnt see anyone land a skippy. So i got some shad and headed out fishing at Smith's branch. I sat there for about a hour and half and nothing hit my line at all. Though i am sure the problem with me getting no bites came from the fact that my bait was being pulled by the current the whole time. I couldn't get my bait to stay down. I duno if its the fact that i got my rig set up Carolina style or if the current was just strong enough to pull my 3oz of weight i had. But anyways other than being out fishing and relaxing it was a bad day.

2. WattsBarCatfisher

WattsBarCatfisher New Member

State:
    Kingston T
    Man ive fished for the past two weekd almost every day and cant get any skipjacks.... ive only caught 2 fish in 9 trips... somethings going on with the fish and i cant figure it out either

3. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Was down at CC today water was up and muddy.We got a total of maybe 11. I caught 2 my bud got 2 and some older gentelmen gave us about 7.Real tough.Was the water too high,to warm, or what??Lots and lots of smaller Shad.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I think the river would have to be way down with little to no current for 3oz to hold...W

5. Sonny Kemp

Sonny Kemp New Member

State:
    Tn
    Aaron when the water is up and muddy up there I have never caught many skipjack.Some may but I dont. Sonny