Bad Day

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by catfisherman369, Jul 16, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Went fishing and took my Grandson yesterday . Should have new from the start of things it was going to be a bad trip . Got to our spot and went to throw the front anchor in a presto the rope came off the anchor .

So didnt think much of it . Got set up with some team catfish secret 7 and went to cast . As I casted I watched the weight , leader , and bait tube all take off like a rocket only problem was my line locked up and snapped it off on the cast . Man that sucker had some good distance .....lol

Couldnt get the knot out so I cut all the line out and restrung it , now its working fine and we are fishing . After about an hour we desided to just run around the lake bluegill fishing cause it was the only thing that we could get to bite .

We hit a mess of nice crappie in the 10 to 14 inch range as we was yanking a few of these in we drifted close to the bank . I went to troll out from bank and hit a log breaking a whole side of my prop and half the other side .

Soooooooooooo that was the end to that trip as the trolling motor was crippled and took forever to get back to the dock . My motor is a 50 horse and the lake was 9.9 limit so I never even took gas or Ic would have fired it up ...lol

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    That sucks sorry about the bad luck

3. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    Looks like good ole murphy showed up with you he is usually fishing with me.

4. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Sorry to hear the story, especially on a trip with your grandson.:sad2: I have some similar stories, but usually I get blanked on fish too! GOOD LUCK on your next trip.:wink:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Floyd when it rains it sometimes pours. At least you got to enjoy the grandson. Wishing you a better trip next time out.

6. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    All kinds of bad luck... next time try throwing salt over your shoulder, spin in circle three times and holler "I'm a little teapot". It works well for Aaron Lands because we haven't died yet in his boat. :smile2:

7. USNTWEEK

USNTWEEK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sorry to hear you had a bad trip.

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Jest if you will, but it works.:smile2: Or just sing "I like Pina Coladas...." like Brian....:crazy:

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    It worked too! Sing that song loud and proud! :smile2:

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. apfd82

apfd82 New Member

State:
    illinois
    sorry to here about your bad day hope it goes better next time

12. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Sorry about the bad luck. Hope you used it all up and have smooth sailing the rest of the year.