Bad day on the river.

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Apr 12, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well instead of spending my day fishing, we spent ours broke down on the river. Bad sending unit AGAIN = oh crap 2.5 miles from the ramp. It was great scenery on the drift down I might add, stayed along the bank the whole way down, and had to call cincycat to bring us some gas which thankfully he did, props bud you saved the day, after that and the engine not running right, called it a day, spent around 4 hours wasting time stranded, its bad when it says you have over a 1/4 of a tank then goes dead from being bone dry....Really dissapointing was looking foward to it all week....oh well, won't trust that sending unit again, and I learned to always add alot more fuel than you think you will need....:embarassed:....well off to Gatlinburg, we'll try it again when i get back, hope everyone else had a better day out than I...:cool2:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    don't feel bad bro.. I caught 5 channels today, and dealt with engine problems also.. found a bad connection and a fuse that was blown! still nice to get out though, AND, I know you know as well as I do.....It's gonna get better!:big_smile: rollo

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well Bro ... Look at it like this .... at least you didn't waste a good fishing day having to mess with electrical problems ... hopefully you have them all taken care of now ...... Garry-

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Must be spring! I had to get a jump start. 2 new batteries, one an Optima... Guess I ran the accessories too long....

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    At least you went upstream...

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It sucks being stranded !:angry:

7. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Well you can tell it's spring boat problems abound, just got mine back from the shop 800.00 later at least should be ready for the water havent gotten out yet everyone is starting to make me jealous already getting into a few, hopefully I'll get out in a few days :roll_eyes:

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I know all about that bro glad you got it back safely. It won't be long you will have it going good.:wink:

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    dont feel bad hopefully they will be better days ahead