bad day on the river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cdog, Jul 11, 2009.

1. cdog

cdog New Member

State:
    ohio
    decided to try something different. intead of fishing cinci I put in, in new richmond (more local and it is free). from there we headed up to try fishin the dam. once there we had two decent runs but felt nothing at the other end. after trying there for a little while we hit several spots on the way back down the river. all night, all we had was short bursts from the clickers and they would stop by the time we got to them. anyways we were skunked for the first time in along while. I do not think I will fish that stretch of river again, it is way to slow compared to the fishing in my cinci fishin hole.

2. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    might have been little guys! to little to inhale the bait!!that was my problem last time out!! the big boys were on spawn!!

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Happens to us all Chris. Never know may go back in a couple days/weeks an have your hands full.

4. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    frist off welcome to the boc chris--i have been shunked on the ohio where you was i found out while on spawn time fish the bardges and there is a power plant in new richmond that discharges water from it try that also ask someone also bout eight mile channel trust yes there a big cats there :wink::wink::wink: i am from indy but lived in cincy for 15 yr and now back in indy so i do a little bit about the river right there

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nah, no such thing as a "Bad" night on the river. Some are just more slow or lazy than others :smile2:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hasn't been much better this week in Cincy either, almost like the fish went back on the nest all of the sudden..:eek:oooh:The New Richmond area used to produce my biggest fish, the past year or so it hasn't been so well for some reason, was real good for blue cats a couple years ago. The longer this river stays stagnant, the better the fishing will get up towards the dam...