Bad Day For Gun Owners

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by janzaldo, Oct 27, 2009.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Schwarzenegger signs bill AB962 requiring fingerprints to purchase ammo. Five years earlier, he vetoed it.

Jaime

2. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    glad i don't live in california:big_smile:

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what????? any details?

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    You can look at that both ways as it keeps people with felonies from purchasing bullets to use with their unregistered weapons. I know its a obstacle and we should not have to go thru that to practice our right to bear arms. Its just that for those of us that see so many shootings and have families members murdered unnecessary it may do some good maybe. Grant it that you can always get what you want thru the black market. Isn't it a law to also have fingerprints to buy weapons as well? I would think that would go hand and hand for bullets and for those that already have clearence it should be no problem. Unfortunately the actions of some causes some liberties to be taken away from us in this state of California.

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    like a felon will actually purchase ammo... they will steal it, if gun control works why is it the cities with the strictest laws have the highest murder rates?The bad thing Blue is its the actions of criminals that will cost lawabiding citizens.

6. lovedasmelloffish

lovedasmelloffish New Member

State:
    California
    Nothing surprises me anymore here in Cali. I looked at my extra phones bill the other day and there was approx 20 other taxes I was paying that had nothing to do with a phone.... We keep it for 911 just in case. ($9 a month for it, and after taxes its over $20????) Its hard enough to find a spot to go fishing that isn't private property or blocked. We even had a sheriff come and kick us off a canal close to Santa Nella last month. Told us we kicked up to much dust, FYI, it was when the almonds were getting shaken to be picked up. How the hell are we raising dust sitting there fishing? A LT from out local PD was with me also. Didnt help.... The bad thing about this bill is its only going to slow the good people down. The bad guys will get their ammo no matter what.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Most definitely!

B

8. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Jaime... did a post regarding this in the "Hi"..... "California Sucks"... and then I got into my retirement

Can"t wait to see some more crappola that takes effect in January....

9. monstercatcher

monstercatcher New Member

State:
    california
    Well

10. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    am just have to stock up early get mines

11. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA

Only if you let it happen. There are plenty of folks around that need your support if you want to keep your rights according to the Constitution. Find an organization that supports your rights and join...then lobby your congressmen and senators...then make sure you protest in a lawful manner whenever your state government officials are speaking...let them know you don't like having your rights stripped from you. Or, do nothing...and trust the government to take care of you. Hmmmm...I know what I'm doing...do you?

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    The California Association of Firearm Retailers(CAFR) and National Shooting Sport Foundation(NSSF) estimated that AB962 would cost California 2.92 in lost sales tax and 629,00 increase in operating cost for state agencies.
    Not to mention it only help start a black market for ammo.

Jaime

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I will just get mine elsewhere

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Same here. I will order out of state:wink:

15. monstercatcher

State:
    california
    well if i get bullets from the gun store i have no problem finger prints but the bad guys still be ever to get theres too

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Exactly Ray and Robb, hence California will lose out on state sales tax.
    I HEAR YA John.
    This bill makes no sense at all. You cannot blame it on Democrats either.

Jaime

17. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Don't kid yourself, this is a backdoor to keeping a list of gun owners.
    If you comply with the law don't be surprised when they come to your door and demand that you turn over your handgun. Then if you claim you don't own one they will arrest you for making a straw purchase.
    And yes, you can blame it on liberals AKA Demoncrats.
    Arnold is just a Hollywood Liberal in conservative clothing, remember he is an actor, basically an expert at making himself look like something he isn't. For proof of that you need look no further than his spouse.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  18. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Jaime.... you've got it all wrong....

the authorizing person on the Bill was and still is a Democrat..:confused2::wink:
    ... Deleon, and a "skirt" demo.... Bonnie Lowenthal...

All democrats....

Arnold is just a repub sleeping with a demo....

19. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks Ray! dang it! I was hoping it was not a Democrat Bill. Hm, I will have to look closer at these two people.

Jaime

20. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    yes you can