Bad day at lake Lake Monticello

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by preacherfisherman, Oct 16, 2008.

1. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    We went fishing today and took my brothers boat to lake Monty to hopefully catch a few fish. He just got it out of the shop for a tune up and was real excited about taking it out. But when we got there the motor wouldn't crank, after about 15 min of investigation, we discovered, when they tuned up the engine the Mechanic forgot one key element (the spark plugs):sad2: good thing my brother is a preacher too, because he was ready to cuss, but the lord calmed his anger. So we didn't let that stop us we used the old faithful trolling motor and caught a few small fish, but we couldn't get far from the boat ramp because the wind was blowing us toward it all day. Never let minor set backs stop you from fishing.
    Phil. 4:13 says I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. Think about that next time the devil trys to set you back while your trying to go catch some of God's fish.
    God bless you'll Boc Members

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Some of us realize that things happen for a purpose. Perhaps there was a tragedy on the water averted by the Lord causing those circumstances. That being said, I'd find a new mechanic. I have always found it very difficult to tune an engine without the spark plugs! :wink:
    Bill in SC

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Isn't a bad day on the water always better than a good day at work?

I guess being a preacher that doesn't apply considering the benefits of sharing the Gospel :smile2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry about the motor, but at least you got out there. Good luck on future trips

5. Ricky DuBose

Ricky DuBose New Member

State:
    sc
    more details from "bad day on monty" 430am wake up:eek:oooh: pick me up 530am:roll_eyes: drive to lake murray for bait $50.00:eek:oooh: gas in truck $60.00-$20.00 in boat:eek:oooh: buy everyone breakfast $20.00:smile2: finish the drive to monty:smile2: put boat in the water and find after 3 WEEKS IN MAINTENANCE NOT ONLY DID THEY NOT DO THE FIBERGLASS WORK IN THAT AMOUNT OF TIME NO PLUGS WHERE IN THE ENGINE FROM THE TUNEUP AND OIL CHANGE:angry: turn and see the look on a preacher face that wanted to cuss PRICELESS!!!! then half way through the trip GPS on new lcx 28hd stops working:angry: preacher still not cussing :eek:oooh: after trolling out in the middle of monty and being no where close to land and no fast way of getting there other preacher said I really got to go:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: thank goodness things didn't really turn ugly and he made it back to the landing:smile2: and last but not lest A BLOW OUT ON THE WAY HOME and no spare so I'm left by the road to watch the boat - so now is the time to get all the much needed cussing out of my system but all I could do is just laugh :tounge_out: and $185.00 for all new tires = one day on monty we'll never forget we've fished alot but never a day like this!!! I'D DO IT ALL AGAIN THANKS RICKY

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Welcome to the BOC Ricky.:big_smile: They say" Bad things happen in three's". Well look on the brite side. Ya'll used up all three real quick and got'em out the way.:wink: Next trip has got to be better.:big_smile:

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Welcome Ricky!! Your first post was a good one!!:smile2: I guess all memorable fishing trips don't involve catching the big un? :confused2: I agree ALL your bad stuff happened at once so your next trip should be awesome!!:smile2: Can I go?:wink: