bad day at Badin Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by monstercatmatt, Apr 14, 2008.

1. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Went to badin today got there about 12:30 could not find no shad anywhere in Garr creek. Got a couple bream and tried some flathead fishin up by tuckertown dam no luck broke about ten lines on snags then started rainin and i just left maybe sat will be better. Wait one quistion if u cant find bait at garr creek where the next best spot.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Usally this time of year you can get bait up river by the dam area. Theres usally everything up there, shad,big gizzards and herring. You don't have to go all the way to the dam. There usally around the shore or in the middle of the small channel up there.

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I got bait at Alcoa last time I went and got plenty of everything.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hate to hear you had a bad day, but we ALL have them! :smile2: Please see my post from the SC river section about saving your snagged rigs. I lose VERY few nowadays! This simple procedure to free them works miracles, and will save you a ton of tackle! Hope this might help some of my northern neighbors.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75888
    Bill in SC

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hopefully fishing will get better soon and some of the water levels will start coming down

6. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Where is the alcoa boat ramp i hear so much bout it but cant find it to save my life or just missing it one

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    We all have garbage days on the water from time to time, well atleast us normal folks:smile2: The whole bait thing can be frustrating but that's why you should have some sort of backup. Frozen sunfish will work great(they have for me anyway). They freeze well and still catch fish. I've gone out and not been able to catch any bait and those frozen bluegills/shellcrackers have been a savior. It's a shame when you can't even catch any sunfish:angry:

8. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    alco at the other end of lake in town of Badin near the other dam