bad calls

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by thecatman, Oct 18, 2009.

1. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i hate to say it but the florida arkansas game was given to florida they had several calls go their way late in the game that ruined the razorbacks they truelly lost that game its too bad the zebras and the kicker lost them the game

2. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    I missed that game but I did hear the game had some lousy calls.I was hoping that Arkansas would win that game.The sec is loaded this year for sure.I was watching Kentucky finaly getting a win over Auburn.:big_smile:

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That's true man, makes you wonder......
    Back to back 15 yd. penalties on Ark. The first one (pass interference) was b.s., but on the very next play, the personal foul call was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. The calls were bad enough, but I'm a gatorhater anyway :angry::wink::big_smile:.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Horrible ref calls in that game. The only way Arkansas was gonna win in the fourth quarter was to keep scoring TD's. Officials called some penalties just to slow them down.

5. thecatman

thecatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i have to agree it appears that game was more less fixed to make sure florida stayed in the title hunt race and honestly they arent as good as everyone makes them out to be arkansas truelly just beat them down i mean shoot any time you get a personal foul 15yd penalty for putting a blocker on his arse is total crap imo those refs need to be fined or something that was by far the worse game calling i have seen in ages they shoulda reffed that game like the ou texas game let the guys play as long as they keep it clean none of these nitpick penalties on one team and not the other

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yep, that game was bought and paid for. The mafia's hand spreads far and wide. It really sux.

BB in SC

7. festus

festus New Member

South Carolina at Florida game was a disgrace to college football. Wonder how much those refs made under the table? :angry: And I agree, Florida is very overrated. Even the TN Volunteers could have beaten them if they had a quarterback.......Glad to see the Crimson Tide jump them in the polls. :big_smile: :smile2: :wink: :roll_eyes:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  8. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    As much that was made about the Georgia/LSU celebration penalty not a peep was said about the no-call on Florida when the Florida WR actually pulled the LSU DB down to the ground by his jersey when he scored that TD..Not a peep..
    http://[youtubevid]h8R_oPtLGac[/youtubevid]

9. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Well , I just seen on espn that the officials in this game are being put on probation or something to that effect.Sorry only caught part of the story.

10. festus

festus New Member

That's clearly offensive pass interference, Les. The officials should be reprimanded for that one, also.

11. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    What I really couldn't understand about one call was when they had to review a td for arkansas because there was a fumble but it was recovered in the endzone for a td. It was cut and dry. Why did they even need to put that up for review???

I'll tell ya why... they was trying to take that td away from arkansas anyway they could. They was hoping they could down that ball before it went into the endzone giving Florida another chance to stop that drive and not let arkansas get that tying td and have to settle for a field goal which would not tie the game and ensuring Florida with the win.

It makes me sick to see this kinda stuff happen in college ball. Too much money involved anymore which causes so much greed and turmoil in the sport. It's not a sport anymore it's just another way to supply entertainment while the rich get filthy rich.

At least it hasn't gotten as bad as wrestling yet.:eek:oooh::wink:

12. festus

festus New Member

That play should have never been reviewed. Anyone could see that.

13. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    More of the same this weekend..It is unbelievable that this continues week after week..http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-secrefs110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Some excerpts from this story I found interesting..

14. festus

festus New Member

I watched quite a bit of that game, Les, but it seemed every time something exciting happened I'd get pulled away either because of unexpected company or tending to a BBQ in the smoker. But anyone who's kept up with the SEC this year can obviously see that Alabama and Florida are getting all the calls. Wonder if it's the same in these other conferences? I don't hear as much talk on ESPN about it as much as the SEC.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    BAD/NO call screwed OSU today!

BB in SC