Bad boat crash on table rock

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by moodster, Jul 8, 2008.

1. moodster

moodster New Member

State:
    mo,
    a 77 yr old man was killed on table rock this past weekend. the report is at kRZK.com then click on home town daily news.It sounded like he was leaving out from a cove when another boat was entering and ran over his boat.This is one of my worst fears especially when I night fish.Theres a lot of crazy people on the water and boating and drinking is a deadly combonation.Dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with drinking a beer but If your running a boat you need a non drinking driver.I found this out the hard way about 20 yrs ago myself and a good friend hit the bank about 30 mph late one night. The Good Lord WAS WITH US WE LIVED.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I say it all the time, but I'll say it again - I'll take my chances on the MO river at 3AM in a pea-soup fog over ANY of the big lakes on a weekend, day or night.

Sad story, it's a shame that people don't pay more attention.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Greg, thanks for looking out, that is a very sad story. Boating is serious business and I am thankful for the new push at boater safety.

4. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Greg,

That is awfull and sad. That would be like losing my grandpa which taught me to fish. It scares me also having those city slicking drinkers just come up to the lake and party and drink only without fishing. Thanks for the information.

Chad

5. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    I have read that Missouri is one of the worst states for boating accidents in spite of only having inland waterways. I've also heard those damn jet skis account for 1/3 of registrations but 2/3 of the accidents.I know I have had several close calls with jet skis especially where there is standing timber and no wake zones I slow down and they don't.I can outrun most of them top end but those chuckleheads always want to jump your wake and it ought to be illegal. I saw there were 2 separate accidents last weekend at lake of the Ozarks caused by jetskis jumping wakes. I hate those damn things.

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Boy I hate hearing news like that. It just show you have to always be on the lookout for the other guy just like on the roads anymore.

Tom

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    ANYBODY operating a boat or car impaired scares me a little, be they from the city or the country. Looks like in this case both boats were from the local area near Table Rock. http://www.mswp.dps.mo.gov/News/NRDetail.asp?ID=N07080109

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    This makes me almost happy to have to bankfish, just hate it's at such a loss.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I have to agree with you. Barges are the only thing that scares me on the river, and they don't move that fast.

10. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    That's sad to hear. There are a lot of fumb duckers on the water unfortunately.
    A couple weeks ago on a lake that I spend a lot of time on... A bigger boat hit a jon boat after dark. The guy that hit him, just left the scene. Apparently, he had 2 kids with him too. What kind of an example is he setting? I guess there was a woman in the jon boat that had to get a bunch of stiches in her face. But everyone survived. Thank god. I heard they caught the guy, and he lost his boat AND truck. I don't know what kind of criminal charges he's facing. How could a person just leave knowing that there could have been someone hurt in the water?? Hope he gets what he deserves. :angry: