Bad bad night.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Oct 7, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well folks, I got the speech from my wife tonight, one we all dread hearing...I knew something was up for awile, because she kept distancing herself from me...Here is what I was told, I got the it's not you, it's me story:angry: ...Anyway she told me sometimes she wants to be with me and sometimes not...So I stoped here right there and said woah!..If you dont want to be with me, then I deserve better than that, and told her she needs to move out...8years of marriage down the drain..I have taken care and loved this women with all my heart, I put up with her son who has really bad mentel issues, because I belive in till death do us part, evidently she did not..If I am guilty of one thing it's this, I treated her to good..I did everything, all the house work and yard work, paid all the bills, her money was blowing money..Every night after work I would set and brush her hair for hrs..I am not mad, I seen it coming, but I am very hurt and feel I wasted 8 years of my life..But Deepdown I knew she could not love me the way I treated her and then the way she treated me...Not once in 8 years did she cook me a meal, not once in 8 years did she do a load of laundry, I did that after working 12 and 16hr shifts:embarassed: I feel like a fool, and am very hurt, but a small part of me feels relieved, beacuse like I said, I felt this was comming.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jack - Sorry to hear of the split but I must say it sounds like you will be better off without her! Don't sound like she was doing her part to make the marriage work! Hang in there buddy! Better days are ahead!

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    man, im sorry brother. thats tough. everything will work out though. keep your head high and take it easy.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heck yes it will get better I am going flathead fishing tomorrow:big_smile: It has not fully hit me yet, I am sure in a few days I will be crying like a baby

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    man thats tough , not sure what to say . wish you the best hope it all works out the way its meant to for ya

you can give them the moon and its not enuf some times , but remember theres plenty more out there if you feel you need one , things cant get much worse good luck

6. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    hey man sorry to hear it. and yea it will hit you but from the way it sounds it want hit for long and youll be better off. and hey theres plenty more fish in the sea if you feel the need to try and catch a keeper. but good luck and we're all hear for ya.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Jack the good guys almost always get burned. You are a good man to never ask anything of your wife. And good men always get back up. Good luck fishing in the water and on land.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Jack I am very sorry to hear this buddy. Sounds like you did everything right but that is not what she wanted. Praying for you buddy, if there is anything I can do let me know.

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Jack, I'm real sorry to hear this is happening to you. I hope you don't take it out on yourself though, it's not your fault. Sometimes things just happen for a reason. Try and keep your chin up and if you need a shoulder to lean on, you've got a TON of support here on the BOC I'm sure. Hang tough buddy.

10. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    man that sucks it will get better from now on out

11. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Sorry to hear Jack, keep your dobber up though brother! I went thru the same kinda deal about 10 years ago. The day she finally drives off sneak out early and slide a fat old gizzard shad under her front seat....:cool2:

egg

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Wow Jack, not sure what to say its got to be tough investing eight yrs. into a marriage, and then having this happen. Just hang in there brother, perhaps it is for the best, sounds like you were being used, and taken advantage of. Kiking her out sounds like the first step in the right direction. Just make sure you watch your back legally. I would contact a attorney and file for a legal seperation immediatley, otherwise she could take you for a ride. good luck brother.

13. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Thats tuff news for anyone to hear and I hope you get past it soon and have an easytime of it too

14. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jack, sorry for your loss...But...I can see you are a man of good old time morals and that makes you a good target for women who will exploit you. It is sometimes very difficult to find your equal in todays world because it's just to easy for people to be selfish. Too many people take the easy way out and most don't think they need to put anything in. In other words too many people are wondering around the planet looking for what they can get. What's sad is most of them will never learn that true happiness comes from the giving you do in your life.

Jack you are a success in life and don't allow this to change you. Be cautious and find her that is happy through her giving of herself.

You the man, Jack. I wish you the best.

15. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Jack Hang in there Buddy, nothing is easy about a divorce but, time heals. Look at it this way! More Flathead fishing.LOL...

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hope you don't mind a women commenting on this thread.It breaks my heart to see things like this happen.She evidently didn't realize how lucky she truly was.Bless your heart you are the definition of a true man to me,I am so sorry that she abused all your love and kindness toward her. Jack I looked up your personal profile and I found out we're the same age and in fact you are just 5 days older than me.If you ever need to talk pm me if you don't mind talkin to another woman.If ya don't feel right about it thats ok too I just wanted to give ya my condolences.Hang in there brother chin up it won't always rain on your parade.PLEASE!do not feel this is your fault it is not.You have your BOC family and we want ya to lean on us if and when ever ya feel the need to do so!:sad_2a:

17. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    Well Jack from your side of the story I gotta say I am happy for ya. I call it an end of something that should have ended a long time ago. I commend you on puting up with it for this long trying to make things work. Now what ya need to do is follow through, boot her out, sell your house or if ya rent move into a smaller place that is cheaper and more comfortable. Then ya work less and fish more and enjoy the "Jack time" Cuz it has been about her way to long. Do make sure you do the I'm sad when it hits, cry if ya have to and then you'll realize it is for the better. Maybe some day you'll find the right woman but right now enjoy the time off.

18. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Hang in there bro. You deserve someone better anyway from what it sounds like, and im sure you'll find her.

Wheelmobile07

19. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Jack, I also hope you don't mind me posting on this thread. I went through a rough divorce about 12 years ago. I swore that I would NEVER marry again. But as you can tell by my avatar...that's BOC member Vlparrish.

For a long time, I did pretty much everything. Worked, mowed, took care of the house, kids, etc. while Vern was gone fishing. I learned recently that I have to ask for help and one person can't do it all. That's just not fair and it's not a marriage. Marriage has to be equal or it just won't work. I'm starting to have Vern help more and I can say that I think I love him more now than I did when we married. Jack, it sounds like you are a really good man and was being taken advantage of. I hope that you take time to care for yourself. Put yourself first for a while. Then if you decide look for another woman, take your time and find an equal. You deserve it.

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    My thoughts and Prayers are with you buddy.I sure hope things will get better for you soon.