Back to the Trinity River tomorrow!

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Sep 21, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I'm heading back to the river tomorrow. I hope to land a big flathead! I have been on the storm clean up down here and we finally got all the power lines back up. Now there is a new wave out in the gulf so I will try to get my fishing in tomorrow. Anyone else heading out?

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    what part of the trinity are you fishilng. i have been doing some fishing over by white rock creek. we did pretty good about 3 weeks ago. i am gonna go back in a week or two.

3. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish the Liberty area of the river, south of lake Livingston. I fish 10 or so miles up and down the river from Hwy 90 bridge.

4. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well it was a great day! the first fish was a 28.6 lb Flathead and the second bite was a monster too but the hook pulled loose. I guess the bait some how fowled the point and I did not get into the fish good. It was a blast and I released the fish. After that the bite slowed down and I caught a good mess of pan sized channels and blues. I love this stuff!!
    I will post a pic on the flathead page.

5. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Arrow; what is the dam like now. I use to fish below the dam years ago for blues in January and February below the dam. This was when just the cable was across the river and you could cast to the cement. I have heard all kinds of stories about they have barges across the river and you cannot fish the dam because of the barges. Anyone have any pictures below the dam on the river?
    Joseph

6. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    The guys still move their barges up there but they can not leave them up there like they use to. I have not been up there for a couple of years now so I really don't know hoe the boat ramp are. They did drop the limits on the size and the amount of fish that you can catch between the dam and the bridge below it to help stop people from catching too many fish. That was a good thing in my book.