Back to the BOC

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Darrell, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    After a long break and on my second tour of Iraq I need some buddies to exchange thoughts with. If anyone wants to know what is really going on "Over There" I am your man.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Welcome back brother!!!!! Want to thank you for all your sacrafices. Welcome home :D

3. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was a member back in 03 - 04. Was sent to the sand box, returned and then volunteered for another mission for 1 year. 1st rotation did not leave time for computer time...this one will.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my mom and my step-dad are two of those(hate to say it)left wing fanatics who are glued to their one minded, hate america websites and keep bringing up how were not getting told the true story on whats going on "over there". from what they read we are killing the innocent and ruthlessly occupying a country where no one likes us. i try to stay a neutral ground until i hear from someone who see's things firsthand.....so, how are things?

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh yeah, welcome back home!

6. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, it is a war zone so things do happen that are extemely unfortunate. I do, however, speak to Iraqi civilains everyday who are very grateful for the US being here. Saddam was going to be taken out whether we did it or someone else, so that is irrelevant. The after effects is what is important. Believe me, this place would be worse if we werent here. Most of the trouble is between the Sunni and Shia/Kurdish tribes. The Sunni's have lost their power and they are the minority. The Shia & Kurdish are now the majority and its pay back time. Most people back home are only seeing the news and forming an opinion based on politically motivated garbage. Even Fox News doesnt get it right. Anyway, you can let them know that good soldiers (both American and Iraqi) are dying so that they can have an opionion while the Iraqi people are just now earning their right to have one. Before they would be thrown off of a building or get a bullet in the head. I, for one, am proud to be here and will help anyway I can so they can voice an opinion without fear.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darrell,

Thanks for serving and posting! Great to hear positive words from one that has been there.

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Thanks for taking your turn and protecting us. Welcome back. Thanks for the real info also. I quit reading the papers due to they don't tell what is really happening, just what sells papers. I put my time in during Nam, enough said.

9. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I guess I should change my location to Baghdad because that is my location. Illinois is my home. I dont want to confuse you guys.

I understand that the Catfish Commando is here as well. Can anyone confirm that?

10. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I also posted a picture in the gallery of myself in one of Saddam Hussains thowns. Check out the hardware! Aint nobody getting me without a fight!

MAJ D

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome back. I'm glad you made it home safe. Thanks for serving our Country. I have talked to a couple soldiers who has been there. One friend of mine did 3 tours. Had been on many missions. Was there from the very beginning. Pic's, video and stories we watch, looked at and discussed with each other. Sure will make one proud talking to this guy. We have a very strong military. No doubt in my mind that our Military can protect America under any conditions. He is very proud of his time in the service and has much respect for his fellow brothers in arm.

He is now out of service after 3rd tour. Came home for a short stay to set up his family in a home and back to Iraq as a sub contractor. For now, he is back in the same area doing much of the same job but now wearing blue jeans. Only difference, he cant go on missions or carry a weapon. I dont think he has the same computer access as he had as a soldier. I haven't heard from him in a long time. I dont talk about him much because his business is his own business. Very good man.

Since you been gone for a while I thought I would fill you in on one of our finest. Paul Louderback (Catfish_Commando ), BOC Founder is in Iraq now. He will be home soon.

Anyway, welcome back and thanks for your service.

12. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Darryll, from one old former soilder to a younger current one,
    My hat is off to you and yes , we are thankful for everything you and your brothers do.
    Thanks again for the "reatime intel". Rather hear the truth from you,plain,simple and to the point, than from some misinformed court jester in a suit and tie in front of a camera.