Back To Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Da Chummer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hi all. Great site. :cool2: I wish they had something like this back in the day when i fished alot. It would have helped alot. There is great info here. I fished almost non stop through my 20's on into my early 30's with the latter part of it concentrating on flatheads. Stuff happened and i haven't fished any in the past 5 or 6 years. Well now i have a new wife and two wonderfull small kids. I decided to take them fishing just this last May and i'm addicted again. I caught a 10 or so pounder to show the kids and wife and the are all into it now too. Next up is a boat again and i'm sure they'll love that. I know they are loving it and so am i again. I can't wait to get back behind the helm again. Great site and i hope to get to meet and fish with some people here.

2. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Hey, welcome and I'm glad that things are going well enough that you are able to get out there again. This is a fantastic way to connect with like minded individuals all over the country. Very nice fish pictures by the way.

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    ALWAYS GREAT TO RE-FIND YOUR PASSION. GOOD LUCK AND GREAT FISHIN!

4. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for welcoming me. This does look like a great place to learn from, that is for sure. I'm diggin all the flathead pics. How much does that fish weigh in your avitar? That thing looks huge!!!!

5. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yes it is. I'm ready to go right now. Thanks for the good words. I could use the luck. Awesome looking fish.

6. shadesaz

shadesaz New Member

State:
    arizona
    welcome to the BOC

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hi Travis,
    Welcome to the site.. Those are some great fish on your photos.. Have you done your fishing here in AZ, or other places?

8. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks alot!!!!!

9. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks for welcoming me. I have only fished in Arizona. I was born and raised here. Still love it as much as ever too.
    Both of those fish pics are from Roosevelt. Most of my bigfish were caught there. I have tapped into ones i think were bigger at Bartlett but couldn't get them out of the rocks and into the boat. That fish you caught on the Colorado is what i'm looking for. Nice fish!!!!

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I got that fish out of the Salt above Roosie, probably the same area you have fished before.. (it is very popular).

* The one in your Avitar.. (Is that an albino flat?) I caught one with that coloring out of Bartlet last year, but it was about 12 lbs.. Looks like that one you are holding would go fifty-sixty pounds.
    Very Cool~

11. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Welcome to you and the wife and kidz to the BOC!!!!!! From Alabama!!Keepem fishin brother

12. santibus

santibus New Member

State:
    arizona
    welcome to the boc

13. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm not sure if it is a albino or not. I have caught and seen albino channels pulled out of the old lake pleasant and they actually had pink eyes. I have caught serveral white looking flatheads over the years but never any with pink eyes. I'm not sure if "pink eyes" is what makes them truly albino or not though. Just an observation. I have seen blue cats on tv caught in chocolate water and be white when pulled out of the water. A few minutes in the sun and then turn blue again. I think it is somewhat the same with flatheads. It seems the shallower they are or the clearer the water is, the darker they get by getting more sunlight. Better camo i guess? Don't really know. Here is a pic from roosie and look at the difference in the color of these. Brown, White, Green, and Black. Although this pics goes against the sun/clear water theory because they were all caught in the same place.
    View attachment 27689

The one in my avitar was caught in the salt above Roosevelt in chocolate water froom monsoon runoff. In about 8 ft of water on a green sunfish right about sundown. It was in the lower 50's. Short but really fat. The other pic in my profile was actually heavier. Both are great fishing stories but i have already wrote a novel so i'll leave them for another day. :)

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC I'm sure you'll find enough here to make new ideas work even better

15. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
  16. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona

Thanks!!!! I've been on alot of forums over the years(Jeeping and Gaming) and i should of known that fishermen/women are the coolest people around. Nice to be welcome here.

17. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You can bet i'll be reading and learning for sure. This place has alot of knowledge that i wish i could of read 10 or 15 years ago. I'll be reading alright. Thanks for the welcoming to the BOC.

18. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Travis. This is truley a great place.
    Good that you could get back to fishing again. :big_smile:
    You and your family have fun.
    Take care.
    Larry

19. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yes it is a great place. I'm diggin it. Thanks for the welcoming. :cool2:

20. chaz9071

chaz9071 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Welcome. There is a wealth of info here and the everyone has been awesome.

I'm kind of new here myself and the info here has been feeding my fishing bug.

I can't seem to stop thinking about catching those flatheads.
    Anyone else here have that problem or do I need to seek
    professional help (kidding of course)?

:wink: