Back to Beaver Lake again

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ccat, Sep 30, 2008.

1. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    After a bust two Saturday's ago, I will give Beaver lake another shot. This time, I will change from the War Eagle back to more familiar waters way up the White River arm.
    If anyone has caught any cats on Beaver in the past few weeks, please let us know. I do read the fishing reports in the paper, but never plan my trip or pin my hopes because of the reports.
    It looks like Saturday night will be a good night to be out. I'll net some shad, catch a few bream and set jugs and limb lines.
    Hope the cats will be feeding.
    ccat

2. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Chris, there were several guys on the BOC that fish Bever a lot, but I hav`nt seen them post for awhile. I know Beaver is a great spot for night fishing. I have a friend at work that fishes there a lot, but for stripers, crappe, white bass. He catches some cats by accident.

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    smelly,
    I know. I have seen a lot of evidence of people catfishing Beaver. There are lots of limblines in the river area of the White up towards blue springs and a lot of jugging in the spring. There are always folks bank fishing around most ramps from Blue Springs down to Hickory Creek. I wish I could hear from some of the regulars of Beaver on the BOC. I could use all the help I could get.
    My high school band parks cars for the razorback game this Saturday, so I will leave as soon as the game starts and head out to net some shad and then jug all night long. It looks like it will at least be a nice night to camp out in the boat and sleep under the stars. I can at least say I have had some nice sleeping the last few times out, but the cats have been few and far between. I have a feeling I will get them this time.
    ccat

4. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    I will be out this week/weekend fishing/jugging Beaver again. We are hoping for enough small fish for a fry Saturday night. If anyone has been doing any good on Beaver, please let me know. We will be fishing the Horseshoe Bend area.
    thanks
    ccat