Back to back MONSTERS in east TN

Discussion in 'Member Braggin Area' started by drc3, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Wade and I hit the river at 9 this morning looking for big blues. It was a perfect day to say the least... cool water and air temps, strong current and little to no wind. We set up on a skimmer wall in 47ft of water, threw out five lines baited with fresh skipjack and the action started. We caught about 10 cats between 15-25lbs, lost a few big ones (I had one that snaped my 50lb mono leader on the initial run like it was sowing thread). About mid-way through the day Wade's rod doubled over hard and started peeling line. While he was playing with that cat I landed another 20lber, I had just put the "little" cat back in the water and my other rod folded over and started screaming. At this point Wade and I are both fighting the biggest cats we have ever tangled with, Wade's fish came up first... I put my rod back in the holder, netted his fish and grabbed my rod back up. As soon as he got his out of the net he got mine in it. I honestly don't know exactly what these fish weighed (I only have 50lb scales), but they were the biggest cats that have ever been in my boat. Iv'e had a few 50lbers and a 60 and 70lb fish in my boat before and these two were a good bit bigger, if I had to guess i would say high 70's to low 80's. Either way it was incredible and I'll remember this day for the rest of my life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.