Back surgery

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 13, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    my back is feeling much better,

but i found out today the stables use to close yo up hurt like hell.

especialy in the morning when you are stiff, I fell like they closed me up wit barb wire,,I have 14 staples and I know where each one is:crazy:

please take care of your back, I would hate to see anyone go thru this,

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Wow, 14 is a lot. I had 24 of them. I'm worried to death about how many I'm going to have when I have my surgery or 2. Also when they pull them out it hurts like hell. Trust me, I've been through it.
    I'm tickled to death you're feeling better! Prayers are being answered for you Brother!!!

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    this may sound gross but I had my frist bowel movement since the operation, did not think I was gonna make it to the pot in time..I love my wife, she cleaned things up, was not to bad:smile2:

It is hard to take a crap when yo cant sit on the pot, just lean back and hope for the best.:smile2:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You're lucky, It took me over a week to do that. Sounds like you are doing really good. I'm so happy for you Jack!!!:wink::big_smile::cool2:

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    John thanks for being a true friend. I will be making a road trip to see you in a few weeks, got some stuff for you I promised, maybe evn a used 7000 I dont use anymore...Unlike somepeople you are a true friend, and you take care of your true friends.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Jack you don't have to give me anything at all. I consider you a true friend also, I just can't wait to meet you and shake your hand and maybe have a cup of coffee or 3 and sit around and talk.:wink:
    Anything you need all you have to do is PM me or call me and I'll do whatever I can for you. Thats what REAL Friends are for, they are there for each other and do whatever they can to help each other out!!!:wink::big_smile:

I just hope I'm able to get around or out in a few weeks, I'll find out whats gonna happen Wednesday when I see the Neurosurgeon.

It just makes me so Happy that you are doing so well! I hope my surgery(ies) go as well as yours!!!

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I'm glad that both of you are doing okay and that your hopes and spirits are still high.

It's kinda funny how a common bond of back problems or any similar problems between folks,will make an anchor of good friends. It's funny that that is what brought you two together but it is also wonderful that it was the catalist that forged a great and long lasting bond that will only strengthen with time.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jack when you and John get all healed up and back to fishing, the fish want have a chance of escape. Lots of luck to both of you.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That is so the truth! I hate it that we both have bad backs but all the PM's and talking on the phone we have become really good friends. I'd do anything for Jack, He's a great guy and no BS from him. I guess something really good has came out of us having bad backs....Hopefully a Life Time of Friendship!!!
    I can't wait to meet him, just to shake his hand and talk about fishing, life and anything else that comes up! Jack Truly is a Great guy!!!:wink:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks Mickey! Jack will be back before me but once I get healed up we are gonna make one heck of a team. The Catfish better hide because we know about where their at and we'll be coming after them full force!!!!!:wink::cool2:

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    John, I am giving person, and i take great joy in giving people stuff, so dont take that joy from me...besides I dont think you really wanna turn them down, do ya?:smile2:

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Truth be told, I've wanted a 7000 for over 8 years now. Every time I've had the $, something came up(mainly bills) and I had to pass it up. I won't turn them down but I want you to know that you don't have to do that at all. You'll still be a True Friend to me and I'll still be a True Friend to you and even show you a couple of my honey holes...:wink: :0a31:
    I just hope I'm healed up enough to at least get out of the house by then and if not fish I can watch.:smile2:....Hopefully the Surgeon will have me on good meds and I'll be able to get out. I have an OH license so I'm legal to fish there too If we get to go fishing. :cross: :0a32:
    I'm more excited to meet you and shake your hand than I am with what you're giving me!:wink::big_smile:

13. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i wish ya both well i know what back pain is like my back goes out sometime and my wife will line me back up which my pain is nothing like you guys have im sure but it hurts like he!! for a few days hope you guys get healed up soon so your pain will go away nobody deserves that much pain GET WELL BROTHERS GOD BLESS, SLIM

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i think our first trip should be to a easy access spot such as a paylake, that way John can show me all the inns and outs of how to fish these places:smile2:
    hell a couple beers and a couple pain pills and we may even be able to climb mt everest!:smile2:

15. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Hope your recovery goes as good as mine did. Try to remember to not push it or you'll be back to where you were before. Good luck.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    OK, you name the place or shall I? :roll_eyes::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:
    I may, just may show you how to catch a Flathead since you've never caught a big one.....:crazy::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

I'll supply the Brews, let me know what brand you like and you supply the pain pills...:roll_eyes::smile2:....Heck, we may end up just going to the river to one of my spots where you go through a hayfield then cross some Railroad Tracks, go through another hayfield and then walk about 30-40 yards down to the river. Real nice fish there!!!!!!:crazy::wink::smile2:

17. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    glad to see you are feeling a lot better.

good to see you 2 in good spirits too.
    hope both of ya are ready to go before long.

18. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SMOKE THE POT AND SIT ON THE THRONE.
    WHEN I HAD MY BACK SURGY THE SUPPER GLUED MY CUT.
    THIS FROM EXPERENCE, DO NOT RUSH THINGS AND DO NOT LIFT ANYTHING HEAVEY,BIG GUYS WANT TO PROVE THEIR OK NOW AND CAN DO ANYTHING. I DID THAT AND NOW THE PAIN IS THERE FOR LIFE, AND NO DRUGS IN THE WORLD WILL MAKE IT GO AWAY.
    DO NOT PUSH OR PULL ON ANYTHING FOR GOOD WHILE, ASK FOR HELP WHEN IT COMES TO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THE DOCTOR TOLD ME NOT TO LIFT ANYHTING OVER 25 LBS. TELL THAT TO SOMEONE WHO HAS ALWAYS DID THINGS ON HIS OWN. IT TAKES A WHILE BEFORE THE BODY CAN CONVINCE THE BRAIN YOU CAN'T DO THOSE THINGS ANYMORE.
    HOPE YOU KEEP GETTING BETTER AND GET SOME FISHING IN SOON.

TAKE CARE
    MOOSE:roll_eyes: