Back side of Canyon Lake

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by askins00, Jun 22, 2007.

1. askins00

askins00 New Member

State:
    California
    We spent last weekend camping and fishing on th eback side of canyon lake. Once the sun went down and the wakeboarders went home the catfishing was unreal. From 7 pm to 2 am we caught everything between 1 lb mud cats to 14 lb channels. We couldn't bait our hooks fast enought. We were even working 2 poles at a time and couldn't keep up. I can give directions if anyone is interested.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    What part of California is this lake in? Sounds like a great time out there. Thanks for the report:smile2:

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the BOC, hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    Last time I fished that lake it was called Rail Road Canyon Reservoir and you could purchase access for a couple of bucks. Sure would like to know how to get in from the back but I wonder if you run the risk of a trespass citation.
    Robb, Canyon Lake is just a few miles North of Lake Elsinore on the San Jacinto River in Riverside County. It's mostly surrounded by Million plus dollar homes and the shore line is private property. Public access to the lake is allowed if you have a boat and can provide proof of insurance liability in excess of $100,000.00.

4. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    long story short you have to know someone, ive been there, nice place but you do have to know someone and you would have no problem going there, during the warm season its packed near the wide part part of the lake with skiers, alot of watercraft ski boats