Back in the saddle.

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by slabmaster, Mar 21, 2006.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    2 years ago i sold my boat so my wife and i could buy some land in missouri. well i finally got me another boat. its not real fancy or fast but it suits me to a tee. its a 1972 richline 16 ft. its been garage kept ever since it was new. i bought the boat and trailer without a motor. today i put a brand new 15 hp 4 stroke electric start merc on one end and a new minn kota all terain 40 # foot control on the other.life without a boat:crying: life with a boat:)

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congrats on the boat and new motors.It don't take a fancy boat to catch fish.I've had several Kinds of boats over the years fiberglass ski boat,fiberglass b@ss boat,aluminum deep V and many jon boats.The fish didn't seem to mind what kind it was.I like my 16' Richline and I think you will yours,as you said you had one before.Good luck and tight lines.

3. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    way to go bud, nice to back on the water ain't it?

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I know what you mean. I would be lost without my boat.;)

5. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    congrats man. i know ive been bank fishin a couple of times since i started boat fishin, and it just aint the same.

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    boat goes in the water sunday after church. probably trout fishing below beaver dam , houseman boat ramp.i have this good string going where ive caught fish on the madden voage of my last 4 boats. have new motors new batteries need tp wire trolling motor and haave to buy lights and install . next weekend its of to the arkansas river and catfishing.

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck Rex,It sounds like your about all set and ready to go.Let us know how it goes.

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Good luck bud...don't forget the plug..LOL:eek:

9. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks guys im really looking forward to it . oh by the way itch i just got a new plug for it today. lol