Back in Moncks Corner

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by matt22va, May 24, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Well the Navy finally sent me back to god's country. So far I have two trips on the cooper with only one little blue to show for it. Me and the Family are going to hit Moultrie tonight around the short stay area. I'll let you all know how we do.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Matt thank you for your service to our country .

I hope yall have a great fishn trip ,from what i saw sat morning at the canal you will not be out there by your self this weekend ,be safe an watch for the dummies out there

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Glad you made it back this way, Matt. That area at SS can be a hot spot at night.

4. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Thanks guys for all the useful posts, they seemed to pay off for me last night. We fished from 9 til 2 last night and caught two blues 12# and 18#. Both were caught in 15-20 ft of water. I was drifting from the start of the flat in front of the jet ski beach out across the point at short stay. Water temp was 70 and all the fish I marked were in 15-21 ft. One hit fresh cut gizzard shad and the other hit a small white perch whole that I had butterflyed his sides back. I also had fresh cut bream out with no action. We lost the wind around 12 so i didn't cover much ground after that. Once again thanks for putting in the right depth to start out with. You guys are great in this SC forum. Now I gotta get out there and learn some more areas of the lake and maybe move up into Marion, at least that's my goal.
    Matt

5. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thank you for your service matt.I know the sacafice you have gave.I have a son in the Air Force.I hope you you fill the boat full.

6. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Glad you made it back Matt. Good fishing in the future

7. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    I figured I'd try to put a couple pictures up since the weather didn't cooperate for my river trip today. O.K my file keeps failing to upload, any tips?

Matt