Back in Business

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by dominoman, Jul 20, 2008.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    After prop being attacked by a commando tree last weekend, I got Jolly Green a new shiny stainless prop and were back mobile again. Had to make some changes to the skeg so it would clear.

2. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Hey there Lonnie,
    I was sorry to hear you had problems the other day but glad to hear you're back. The other night my son and I were over at Cali and as we crossed to the plant side from the park the wind picked up alot, we ended up a long ways from where we were going and sat there for a good long time but the wind never died down. We fineally got a break and headed back only to be caught in it again, all of a sudden the trolling motor started shorting out and then just quit!. I called lake's office and was told they didn't provide a tow service anymore and pretty much said we were on our own. I wish I would have known that before I stopped paddling and blown back so darn far. Thanks to the boat load of gents that went for help and the two guys that helped, to heck to the others who just passed us by and some of them laughing. Pretty darn scary when water was coming over the bow, but thanks to a great friend we now have a better t/m which when compared to the paint mixer we called a t/m we now hual! this past Saturday we made it all the way to the cove and I caught a 2#r and met RickR too. I really need to finish working on our merc 110.

Rubes

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you are back in business, now get out there and take care of some fishing

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Well had planned on it this past weekend, but had to run up to the wind blown flatlands, commonly referred to as Lubbock. Had to go by for a weigh in (AKA new granddaughter), so it will just have to wait until Friday.

5. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Congrats on the grand-daughter!! I guess that would be the only good reason not to fish FAMILY!!

6. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
  7. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Took Jolly Green to the lake yesterday, would not start. Had a heck of a time locating the trouble. Well it ain't good news, found metal in the #6 cylinder, got a little further into it, lost a connecting rod on the bottom cylinder. Got the remains of the engine off the boat, looking to re-power with something other than Mercury. Won't be dragging for lake cats for a while.

8. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    ouch :( sorry to hear about that

9. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Wow such bad news, I'm sure this will all pass soon and better times will follow.

10. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    Tough luck on the motor. I have a 20 foot boat powered by a 90 horse E- tec. Its a great motor. It gets the milage of a four stroke and it is a 2 stroke with less weight than a four stroke. I am going to buy a 15 horse when they come out with them. Catfishjon