Back in Baghdad!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Darrell, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just to letting my brothers know that my 15 day leave has ended and I am back in Baghdad. Thanks too everyone that send me emails checking up on me. My boys are doing great and the wife is doing one hell of a job. My oldest and I went fishing twice and did a lot of catching up. He was really upset when I got back on the plane but he is doing better once grandpa put a rod in his hand and said "lets go fishing and talk about it."

Sorry I havent been on the board as much as I should have been but I really wanted to focus on my family while at home.

I tried some of the Texas Select Seasoning I won on the giveaway. WOW that stuff is hot but darn good. Went down well with some ice cold beer!
    It is some great stuff and highly recommend it!

I missed chatting with everyone and am sad to see the passing of a member.
    I hope everyone is in good health and remains that way. Anyway...great to be back and look forward to reading your posts.

MAJ Duzan

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Darrell its great to see you posting again..:big_smile: I am looking forward to the day that your posting from home buddy. Did ya catch a big one while fishing with your son??

3. Greg32

Greg32 New Member

State:
    Northeast Kansas
    Don't worry about not posting much. I know that family is very important especialy when you only have a few days with them before you're called back. I for one want to thank you for your service to this great country.

Wishing you and your unit well and praying for a safe and speedy return home.

Greg

4. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    We haven't met yet, I'm Cleve's wife, Lisa. I hope your leave was great. tho I am sure it wasn't long enough! Please be safe while over there & I'll keep you in my prayers until you return home to us!
    Lisa

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Darrell - You take care of yourself over there buddy! Thank you a million times for your service to our nation! I look forward to the day when we will see a photo of you and your family with a catfish!

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad ya made it back safe brother, keep your butt safe and hurry home again.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hope you caught a big one while you were home. Thanks for all you are doing and thank all our guys over there. Everyone here is really proud of all of them.

8. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Focusing on the family is what you should be doin so no one blames ya for not postin much. God Bless stay safe and I wil be prayin for ya

9. khensu0213

khensu0213 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stay safe over there brother. You've got one more person praying for your safe return.

10. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I'm glad to hear that you got to spend some quality time with your family.
    I know those good byes are tough, we just said good bye to my brother a couple of weeks ago. :sad2:
    God bless you!

11. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Darrell, you've got a whole mess of BOC family here that is darn proud of you, as well as your military brothers and sisters.
    Thank you for your service, inspiration, and friendship.
    You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

If there is ANYTHING I/we can do for you or your family, please don't hesitate to ask.
    _

12. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Family comes 1st! Looks like things went well on leave, happy to see that!
    Thanks dropping your BOC family a note. You stay safe!
    Bill

13. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    After 23 years in the Army, I can remember the hardest thing for me to do is to leave my family. I had to leave them many many times during my tour.

14. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Darrell, take care and we will keep you in our prayers for a safe return.

15. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Good luck and just remember the fish are waiting on you. USMC

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi Darrell.......thanks for keeping us posted. We're glad to hear that you had such a nice visit with your family. Now we're all just waiting on DECEMBER, when you can come home for good! You will remain in our thoughts and prayers as you continue your service to this fine country of ours. Hope to see you back in chat sometime soon! Take care, brother.