back from vacation

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Crawdad, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    Had a great time in Florida. Chartered a 40' w dual Cat diesels to go 26 mi out. No cats, but we caught shark, king mackerel, triggerfish, red snapper, vermillion snapper, and bonita. Used the bonita for shark bait from the surf but had no luck. Took an inshore trip & caught whiting and lots of silver trout. Must have 500 lb of sand in my truck & camper. Daytime temps in the mid-70's & we're ready to go again! I've had enough winter already!

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Dang Bill, I cant believe you even came back after that. Sounds like you all had a Great time. Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures. You may have a few stow-aways hiding in the camper when you go again...:big_smile:

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Congrats on the successful trip. Sounds like somethin I need to do.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well hello there I see your still in the area. Was wondering what had happened to you. Sounds as if you had a very good trip to Fla.Lets see some pictures of those big fish you caught.

5. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Glade to see your back, sounds like you had a great time, and some good stories and pic to share.
    Jim

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Aw heck, who needs sharks? We got some downright NICE Cats in these here parts!

Welcome Back!

7. catmandu1962

catmandu1962 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like fun crawdad, I'm already tired of winter too.

8. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    welcome back buddy, I hear those king mackerel make pretty good catfish bait in cali. they sell them at the seafood place in u-city but i haven't tried them yet.

anyway welcome back home the rivers are waiting

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds like we all need to go to where Bill just came from :smile2: Welcome back Bill. Congrats on the good fishing adventures.

10. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Glad to see you had a great time and glad to see your back,Thanks for the gloves you sent me,might try them out this weekend

11. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I did some salt fishing while on vacation in FL last week, too (St. George Island). On the bay side, I caught some Speckled Trout, croakers, pinfish, pigfish, black drum (what, no redfish!?), Spanish Mackerel, and ONE SALTWATER CATFISH!! WOOHOO!

Oh, and Vince will love this. I was using shrimp. :)