back from tunica

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by fishstick, Oct 11, 2008.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    got home from tunica this evening. not much to tell, fishing was not good. i got there wednesday morning at 8:30 and started fishing at 9:00. fished all day and caught 1, 17 lb blue and just tried different parts of the river to try to figure it out. thursday morning i was on the water at daylight and fished all day and caught 2 fish a 16.9 and a 9 lb blue. johnnie and cass got there at 4:30 and i helped them set up camp. coach got there at a little after 5. little mac and his wife also showed up with their boat. no one fished thurs night. friday morning i was on the water at daylight and fished all day with only 1 fish a 4 lb blue. three rivers fished friday and caught 4 blues right off the bat. i thought he was onto something but later on that day he said he only caught 1 more fish for a total of 5 fish i think his biggest was a 15 lber. coach caught 1 small blue and johnnie and cass caught a couple of small ones. the river looked really good to me but the fish wouldnt cooperate. a couple of coaches friends showed up i think their names were matt and jimmy. they caught a 18 lb flathead. saturday morning i was on the river at daylight and fished till 9:30 that morning with only 1 bite. time for me to go home . so 4 days of fishing and only 4 fish but i still had a blast. met some really great people and hope to have made some new friends.

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    spoke with coach this morning and he said yesterday was a little better fishing for him. i think he said that he and his partner caught 5 in the 8 to 12 pound range. his friend jimmy from kentucky caught a 60. everyone else had a ho-hum day. hope they catch some today.

3. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    sounds like yall had a good time billy ,wished i could have been there with yall . you didnt forget your camera in the truck did ya :smile2:

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hi guys juat a lne or to to say i got home from tunica ok.like billy said the fishing was slow for us to but cass caught several small blues and a channel and i ended up with one fish for the weelend.i caught the fish i was after just not the size i was after,i got a 6 lb.flathead.had a ball as usual and coach and mac and billy and the other guys are a fine bunch to sit around a fire with.ill be back.

5. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The catfish were not as excited as I was to be on the Missippi River lol I can say now that I have fished the mighty Missippi, a life long goal. All though the fishing was slow and the bites were little, (like the fish I cought) It was a grand time. Was a little worried about my toon, if she could handle the river, but she did fine thanks to my Capt. Poisonpits. Thanks Coach for a great fishing gathering at Tuncia, looking forward to the next time. Made some new friends and saw some old ones lol friends that is. And the stories around the camp fire, I laughed till my sides hurt.

Thank you all for a great weekend:
    Cassk

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    we pulled in today around noonish after a couple days on the arkansas out of piney bay. Good thing too because it brewed up one of those soakers as we were heading home :smile2: We had fun on our whole trip, from Tar Camp, to St.Francis river, To Tunica and then Dardenelle/Arkansas river. Not alot of fish caught, Yesterday Jennie caught an 8lb blue and I followed it with a 6lb then the smallest fish I ever caught in my life, little channel cat that wasnt near as big as the kahle hook i was fishin with. :smile2::roll_eyes:It was very nice to meet all the new to us folks, Tallman, Poisonpits, Fishstick, Cassk, RipRap and wife, and always a pleasure to see our old friends Coach, Scott, Jtrew, gardenhawk, Countryboy, angelkitty, Charlesp54 and wife. If I left someone out I apologize, There was a young man that went out with me an poison pits but his name escapes me. Nice fella though.While we were at Piney bay I called Topsgtlawrence and he came over to camp and went out with me that night for a little Flathead fishin, but we came up zip, Top came back the next day for a day of it, but got called away right before we loaded in the boat. We didnt have a lick of trouble with the boat or trailer minus a wiring snaffoo at the beginning. and was proud of how it handled on the mighty mississippi River. I believe Jennie is going to join the BOC so she can keep up with the sisterhood. and probably keep tabs on me. :sad2::smile2:

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    also wanted to thank Bigriver Matt Bingham and Jimmy Noles for explaining the finer points of bump fishing. It is always a pleasure To meet fellas that catch large fish on a consistant basis. I only got to see Danny 3rivers in the am and some on the river, he was gone home when Jennie and I pulled in at dusky dark. So we didnt get to say good by Nor did we get to give farewells to Matt and Jimmy. Fish on Boys. :smile2:

8. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Jim, It was nice meeting you and I look foward to seeing everybody next year and I don't so much about the boys that catch the big fish? LOL... It has been awhile...

9. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    It really sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. Sure wish I could go to all these fishing gatherings. Just maybe one day when Robert and I retire:roll_eyes:. There really is some nice and knowledgeable fisherman and fisherwomen on here

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Most of these gatherings are on the weekends..... and sometimes not to far from you Towny. Come join us one of these days. Mac

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Towny, just keep your eyes open for Arkansas gatherings next year, 'cause there will be several. Newt has already got started on one at DeGray the first of May. We just had a small one at Tar Camp, which is right next door to you. I don't know about everyone else, but I really liked the area where we camped, and I'd like to have another one there next year. We .need one at Toadsuck (Conway).

12. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Thanks Mac, will do that Robert and I work together at the Pine Bluff Mill. We only get 1 weekend off a month and very hard to get off the same time. Robert got me on this Catfish 1. He always talks about the gatherings. Its only fair for him to be there for these. My time will come once our 12 hr shifts start In Jan 09.

13. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    You too Jerry, Thanks for the info. I've already gotten on the list for Degray. Have May 1-3 circled. Tar Camp would have been nice but was working. Been there many times but mainly below the dam. Toadsuck would be a great place for one. Haven't been there since college days

14. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Jerry, you know as well as me, name the place and dates and they will come. LOL. Never has to be a big organized deal. I too liked that camp ground at Tar. Ive only been to toadsuck once when ya'll had a gathering there. None of it is too far. Mac

15. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well im glad to hear that mac , you need to plan a weekend down here and do some fishing. :smile2: jerry you ever fished rising star park down towreds pendleton. i fished it for the first time last sunday and did ok ( 5 fish around 3-5 lbs -and lost one around 10-15 lbs) , but did some looking and it has some good deep holes and alot of rock dikes etc. going to hit it some more and see what it has to offer. it also has a real nice campgrounds.

16. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Robert as long as I know prior to the first then I can try to fit a trip in, Nov 7 I will be in Mayersville ,MS with Coach and a few others Members, if yer off that weekend holler, I can pick ya up on the way.