Back from the Outer Banks, NC

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by JPritch, Sep 21, 2007.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    My girlfriend and I stayed on Hatteras Island in Frisco. Rented a beautiful soundfront home for the week. We've gone now 3 years in a row, and I think it's become a tradition. That place is like paradise, and the fishing is awesome. This year's trip was extra special because I got to spend the first half of the week with my parents, and then her parents came down for the second half of the week. Having family there was great.

Did an offshore charter and we boated some tuna and a wahoo. The fishing was a little slow, but I had a blast. Last year I got sea sick and spent the entire trip alternating between puking and catching fish. This year I came prepared with the "Coast Guard cocktail", and I was money! The seas were really rough though.

I am the one holding the Wahoo, which weighed in at 20lbs, which is actually an all-fish PB for me! The "smallest" tuna came in at 40lbs, the next one at 65lbs, and the whopper is a 129lb bigeye! I release all my fish, but on these charters everything goes into the box, so we split the catch up. I threw some tuna on the grill the other night and I have to say, it was delicious! I'll be going on another charter either in October or November, as the tuna fishing will really be heating up by then.

Here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Here is a view from the deck of the house. I've also thrown in two pics from last year's trip, where we limited out on dolphin in less than 2 hours. I caught 19 total:

Attached Files:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice Tuna's.

4. JTR

JTR New Member

State:
    virginia
    glad you had a great time. I just got back from those NC beaches myself and I will say Sept is my fav time to be there....Lot less people and the water is warm, cocktail in hand and toes in ther sand. I'm ready to go back but I hear the woods calling also!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. redfishman

redfishman New Member

State:
    South Louisiana
    Great report and trip. Congrat's on the nice catch.

6. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sweet pics Josh. Great looking fish too. Gonna be some good eating. :wink:

7. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Josh
    Love the Outer Banks, haven't been for a few years but am saving up to go next Sept/Nov. Many memories fishing on the Friscoe Pier. Glad you enjoyed it!!

8. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    If you like to fish from the piers you should do it soon .They are comeing bown fast.

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    thats awesome. I love fresh tuna. Always wanted to go tuna fishing. someday I will.

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great pictures; looks like you had a blast! And love the view from your beach house...awesome.
    I'll bet that grilled tuna was deeeelicious!!
    Thanks for posting those pictures, & congrats on all the fish!

11. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I would love to get in on a few of those oh what good steaks they would make