Back from the gathering...

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by iabowhunter, Sep 7, 2008.

1. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I got home a little while ago from the Central Iowa gathering. I didn't catch any fish but I won one hell of a rod and reel combo. I met some outstanding people, fished the bridiges of Des Moines and learned some new fishing techniques. It was a good time and I did get to hear the clicker on my Penn go off. I failed to hook up on him and that's a good thing for Mike. I know from looking from what was left of my bait that the fish was a double digit monster! LOL

Steve and Chris...THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HARD WORK, PLANNING, BAIT CATCHING, SCOUTTING, AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU ALL DID THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT!!!! IT WAS A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

Mike...you are a RIOT! Can't wait to fish with you again. Actually, I can't wait yo fish with all of you again!

Catmandingo & Grahmdragon...Thanks for letting me crash in your tent! That worked out pretty good for all of us. You guys got to sleep in your own bed and I didn't have to set up my tent at 3 AM. Dingo, your right. That thing under the air mattress was huge! LOL Man we'll have them 309's mastered and screaming soon!

Alright...This is the most excitment of Saturaday night. The picture! Is this what happens when someone is found fishing in the favorite spot of a bridge brother? They may wear flip-flops but they are bad ass! You make the call...

Thanks for a great time this past weekend Bridge Brothers and Sisters!!!

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Brothers and Sisters of the BOC,

The Bridge Brothers hosted the 2008 Central Iowa gathering this past weekend and it was a BLAST!!!

A weekend full of fishing, a few cold ones, great people, great raffles and door prizes, and a tournament with sweet trophies. Couldn't have asked for more!

We don't tell ghost stories here in Des Moines, we hunt skeletons :wink::smile2::eek:oooh::crazy:

JD was unable to make it due to a family emergency - Prayers sent your way brother. Keep in touch. You are welcome on my bridges ANY time!!

Phil - Thanks for making the trip up, it was great to meet you, sorry we couldn't put you on to some nice fish. Congrats on the sweet R&R! Atleast we got your clicker going :wink:

Steve - Brother, thanks for helping me organize all of this, the great door prizes and raffles, and the site. Steveland was great! You do make some mean turkey steak burgers. Until we fish again!

Mike - You may be the 2008 champion, but I wouldn't get used to that spot:eek:oooh: Congrats buddy

Catmandingo - Brother, we will get you in to some fish, don't give up, it has been a rough year!

Marcus - Thanks for being my partner in this, as always it was great fishing with you. We will get fish yet, we got a lot of years ahead of us.

To the rest of you and your families, thank you for making this a great weekend. I know that we are all exhausted, but when we get around to posting pictures let's use this as our page!!!

I will be posting pictures as soon as I can function normally again, probably tomorrow night!

3. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well all i can say is wow am i tired......
    Me and my family thank you all we had a blast look foward to doing it again next year......

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    well it was fun folks, except the part that I didn't drink as much as I wanted:smile2: we will do this again next year hopefully when the fish are hitting alot better and my ol'lady can drive my drunken a$$ around:smile2:
    all and all I think it went over great! And I can't forget the BIG CONGRATS to our first ever 2008 big fish champion "of the world" MIKESKYWALKER
    take good care of my trophy Mike you better cherish it cause it won't happen again:smile2: everybody fished thier hearts out and you came out on top, you deserve it I guess:wink:..... Phil, your a great man and it was a pleasure to meet you. I forgot to give you a PENN decal. oh well we will meet again....... Chris thanks for all the help and showing me the hairyest damn feet I have ever seen:smile2::smile2::smile2: WOW that was impressive!! till next time!..... Dingo and others it's always a blast when you folks are around. till next time.

and JD we hope all is well on your side, let us know how your doin.

5. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I was in bed last night at 8:00 and out like a light! You guys went all weekend long and I didn't start untill Saturday afternoon.

It was good time. I'm ready for the next one!

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I thought I would post the pictures of the trophy presentations!

Pic 1: The three place winners
    Pic 2: Mike Skywalker self proclaimed "Champion of the World"
    Pic 3: Flathead Steve
    Pic 4: The Gavel

Attached Files:

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I beleive the next one will be unfamiliar waters for everyone, This is where only "skill" will raise the bar..............sorry Mike I forgot about "LUCK":smile2:

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Here is the fourth one:

Pic 5: The awards

Attached Files:

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Mike you should post your pics! I know you got some good ones too

10. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    My wife is on it.She will get them tonight or tomorrow. Sorry she has to work early so it may be tomorrow

11. ronniethomas

ronniethomas New Member

State:
    iowa
    all though it wasn't my river and the fishig didn't go as well as hoped, i had a great time fishing and meeting all of you. Thanx to everybody involed in setting this up the trophy's and the raffle was really cool as were all the other fishermen and women.

take care and good fishing everyone

12. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    It was wet and it was cold, hell some of us even saw the crack of a moon...even though we really didn't want too.:smile2::smile2::smile2: It was a good time and meeting you guys, fishing and BSin was worth every rain drop and shiver. The best sound of the night was the sound of Steve's clicker going off on 6th st. Man I thought "IT'S ON!!!!"

Did you guys eat up that ring bologna I brought up? I hope to have some deer jerkey for the next trip. Maybe some deer brats too!

13. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    yes sir we ate the he!! out of it, Chris thought it would be a good idea to throw it on the grill, GREAT IDEA! thanks Phil:wink:

14. IaCAT

IaCAT New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds like everyone had a blast. I wish I could have made it but we are in the full swing of harvest right now. Oh well.. I longly await next year!

Mike, how big was your fish?

15. armydude3

armydude3 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sorry I couldn't make it this year... We baptized our daughter this past weekend... I really hope I can make it down next year I would really like to meet all you guys.. Maybe catch some flatheads? I can honestly say all I've ever caught are channel cats... Congrats to all and I'm glad you all had a blast.

16. FLATHEAD STEVE

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    this was pretty much a test gathering that was a success, so we plan on next year being bigger and better. hope you all can make it, we probably will not fish the bridges the next gathering but you all are more than welcome to join us anytime. I myself will fish well into october "Im not missing the fall flathead run".

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    IBH waiting for a review??? ARE YA A PENN MAN?????:wink:
    I wish we would of made it but it wasnt in the starz.....IOWA ROCKS though and aint no one tellin me no different good luck my brethren!

18. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    She's a sweet piece brother. I'm not very good at casting her yet but that will come with use. The clicker is loud and clear and she reels in slow and smooth...just like a winch. I can't wait to hual in something bigger then bait with it. That will come too.

After I won the BPS Catmaxx R&R combo I didn't have the heart to use the Abu. The catmax combo is also a sweet piece!!!

19. ronniethomas

ronniethomas New Member

State:
    iowa
    i only went out once with the new reel but i get a week off of work after tomarrow and i plan on doing some serious fishing with it hopefully i'll get to hear the clicker soar, with any luck.

20. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    What reel did you get Ronnie?