Back from Tennessee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, May 6, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Just got in from Tennessee. Dad and I had a great time together, and caught a few fish to boot. We caught 18 large mouth, the largest just over 5 lbs, 2 small mouth, 2 lbs each, 1 stripper about 12 lbs, and 3 hybrids around 4 - 5 lbs each. They were hitting good this morning, but the weather ran us in early. Dad made it till about 12:30 yesterday, then got tired. The large mouth were in the grass, about 1 - 2 feet deep, full of eggs and their tails were raw from fanning the beds, getting ready to lay. I went up the lake today to get in the rocks for the smallies, but the weather turned bad and we only got the 2. Guys, spending time with dad and then catching fish to boot made for a great time. I hope to do it many more times with him, but if not I have a lifetime of great memories.

Dad has always loved the water. We trout fished, walleye fished and bass fished when I was coming up. Dad loved to water ski when I was about 6 years old. He and I would go to Lake James every week. He said I was to young to ski, so I drove the boat and pulled him all day long. I never did make much of a skier, but I can drive the heck out of a boat!

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    There is nothing like the times we have with Dad. I am so glad for you that you got this time and hope that you have many more trips with him. Catching fish is always nice but, time with your Dad is non replaceable!
    Glad you guys had a great trip!

Steve

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Steve - Thanks for the report. It sounds like you had a good time. Caught plenty of fish, and got to spend some time together. Good for you. And also good for dad.

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya'll had a great time. Smackdowns too!:wink: Aint nothing like fun with dad.

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad yall got to make some more good memories Steve.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I have to say i agree 110 % with what ;Steve R. / Ronnie / Doug & James ;, posted spending time with your dad is some of the best times you can have, i sure miss my dad :sad2:

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks for sharing the memories with us. Ya'll had a great trip and I hope you get to do it again ; )

-Jim-

8. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on catching some fish and having a good trip. As mentioned, those memories will last a life time.