Back from special Doe Hunt

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Dirtdobber, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We drew in to one of the game management areas for a Doe. Son-in-law, Grandson and myself. It took us 45 min. longer to get to our site because of bad roads so we had to hurry and set up. Son-in-law and Grand son set up on some food plots and I move down about 1/2 mile to the ridge line leading in from the other direction. I had just gotten set up when I saw a deer coming through the high grass. At 42 yds it stop and it was a big 8 pt. Had to set there and watch this deer for about 30 min. The others saw turkeys and Elk but no deer. Nothing the rest of the day. When we went out the gate we saw 4 does feeding in a food plot just out side the GMA. We had a blast even if we didn't get a deer. I sat fro about 2 hrs in the middle of the day just talking to my Grandson. That was worth more than anything.

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Which hunt did yall draw? Sounds like yall had a really good time.

I drew out last year for the Wichita Mtns Buck hunt. It was the first time I'd drawn anything in 12 years of trying. I didn't shoot a buck, but passed up some pretty darn good ones. It was an unbelievably cool hunt.

3. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Cherokee Game Management Area. I have drawn in the last 4 yrs and always see what I don't have a tag for LOL. Last week end there was a 600 lb Boar hog killed there. I didn't see the hog, was told this by the Biologist working the gate. Also one was killed yesterday, but wasn't very big.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for getting the granson out. That is what it is about.

5. Dirtdobber

State:
    Vian Okla
    Just got a call from our Daughter, she had to take our Son-in-law to the ER. He got hit last weekend by a piece of metal off an old trunk they are fixing up. It knocked him out but he wouldn't go to the ER then. I noticed yesterday he was rubbing his head a lot. When he got up this morning he was hurting bad enough he didn't try to stop her from taking him in to the ER. I hope every thing is OK.