back from santee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jayjay101, Aug 19, 2008.

1. jayjay101

jayjay101 New Member

State:
    narth carolina
    fished with roundhill as guide friday 8/14 cought 12 cats biggest 22 pounds . learn a little about catfishing . thanks roundhill . :smile2:will try to get back sometime in fall or winter. best of luck to all.

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad yall had a good time and caught some fsh.

3. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Glad to hear you and ron had a good time.

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    james it was great meetingyou an your group im sure if the wind whould have helped us a little we could have done better the next trip will be cooler and the fish should be bigger see you soon. the roundhill

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great time fishing, congrats and good luck in the future.

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well......I put this report off long enough so here goes......took some guys that have been wanting to go for some time so we loaded up......all in my truck and headed off to Santee. Easing down I95 one of these fine fellows informed me that his son was meeting him/us at the rest area and follow us in his car.....soooo when we got there, he was there, along with one of his buddies and about 2 doz zebco 33s .........it all goes downhill from here. Each one of them bought a jar of stink bait and found em a stik to jab the hook in with. I told them we were going to drift fish and I had all the rods rreels and tackle needed.........that lasted about one hour and out came the stink bait. Well..........Ive been cleaning for four days and thanks to the help from T/S Faye, the funk is about gone out of the boat. Even the guy that cleans fish at Canal Lakes didnt want to clean the fish caught with the crap.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Aw, man, Ken! Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed, does it? Those guys need a lesson in etiquette; when fishing with someone, do as the captain requests!

8. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Dang ! Ken!, Sounds Like a " Man Cola " Kinda day to me:crazy:

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ken bring us some of that stinkbait next month old Roundhill loves that stuff.:smile2:

10. fishfindersc

fishfindersc New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Man, I can almost smell that stuff from here the way you describe it. You know, other folks know you had it on your boat 'cause they can smell it when they go by. LOL I've made one exception to my rule of not allowing it on my boat. Never again.
    Jim

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Roundhill might not take the stinkbait while others are around so I might have to hide it on his boat for him to find later. He will be very happy and maybe catch a few bigguns with it.:smile2:

12. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thought about going and trying em today but once I found out the Olympic semi-finals in sync ribbon twirling and water polo not to mention badmitton was on tap, I figured Id stayed glued to the action in case we win a gold................

13. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:Now thats funny right there, I dont care who you are.:smile2::smile2:

15. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    yeah i like that ribbon twirling too! I bet the roundhill would be a natural....